The Impossible Planet

Flashback

Tyra threw herself onto Damon's bed and in effect Damon, making him grunt in surprise "What the hell?"

"You owe me an explanation," Tyra mumbled, raising her chin to rest on Damon's chest.

"Do I?" Damon blinked "What explanation?"

Tyra looked at him curiously "Well, you weren't surprised when you saw the Tardis, you weren't surprised about the whole time and space travel thing and you weren't surprised when you could enter a house uninvited."

"Oh, that," Damon hummed "I'm not sure if I can tell you." He looked uncomfortable for a moment, remembering what Tyra told him before. Then again, how would she know to tell him if he didn't tell her? He frowned. This was getting complicated and he wasn't sure whether he liked it...

"Damon?" Tyra prompted, poking his cheek. He looked like he was in another world right there.

Damon startled "What? Oh, right... I – We met before..."

Tyra's face lit up in realisation "Oh. And I told you about all that." She sent him a cheeky grin "I think I get why you were that confused right then. You were thinking about me possibly not telling you about this if you didn't tell me this right now, no? I love temporal physics. You never know what you might get. And it gave me more than one headache thinking about it already."

"I couldn't even begin to understand that kind of stuff," Damon snorted.

"After over a year with the Doctor, you probably would. It's... unavoidable." Tyra made a mental note of telling Damon when she sees him next. That reminded her that she still had to copy that chapter from the Doctor's book about vampires. She should really do that sooner rather than later.

Damon ran his hand through Tyra's hair and sighed "I'm surprised that you didn't ask more. You were always kind of nosy."

Tyra coughed in amusement "I know when to give up. I don't want to know what happens, to be honest. Makes life a lot less predictable and maybe I would try to change things if you told me."

End Flashback

The console room was quiet when Damon entered a few days after the events in London "Doctor," he spoke up, waiting for the man to acknowledge him.

The Doctor shot up, hitting his head on the bottom of the console "Dammit," he cursed, rubbing his forehead with an annoyed expression on his face.

Damon grinned a little, making his way over to him "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's fine," the Doctor sighed "I should be used to this. Tyra does the same thing but... Well, I'm not."

"Oh, I'm sure that you're more than used to her already," Damon smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

The Doctor stiffened in surprise "I don't know what you mean."

"I'm sure you don't," Damon agreed sarcastically "You know that you don't have to lie to me, right? I've seen the looks you sent her and how the two of you constantly seem to be touching in one way or another."

"What are you...?"

Damon held up his hand "Don't make a fool out of yourself by denying it. It's kind of cute how jealous you are and how Tyra is oblivious to it."

"I'm not..." the Doctor trailed off "I – I have no idea what..."

"I get it," Damon shrugged "I really do. Tyra is an amazing girl and you know that she trusts you when she opens up and becomes the person you see every day. I have known her for almost my entire life, Doctor and I know that she only pushes people away because she doesn't want to get herself hurt." When the Doctor raised his eyebrow at him, he sighed "She's like my sister. No matter whether she's older than me or not, she'll always be my baby sister. We have helped each other a lot over the years." He ran a hand through his hair, sinking down on the jump seat "I'm closer to Tyra than I am to my own brother."