Partners in Crime

The Doctor was walking along the road to a building that had been nagging at him for quite a while already. Tyra had stayed behind in the Tardis, opting out of his little investigation which he was rather happy about. She was still not anywhere near alright but at least things seemed to go a little better now that Loki was with them. No matter how much trouble that puppy was – and he definitely was mischievous enough to warrant the name Tyra gave him – he helped Tyra whenever she blanked. He was the only one that could go anywhere near her when she was locked inside her head. Whenever the Doctor tried to touch her in that moments, she would flinch away, maybe even panic more. It had been hard for the both of them but the Doctor loved her. He would do everything for Tyra, even if that meant that she wasn't ready to be touched for the next hundred years.

"John Smith." He flashed his psychic paper at the guard he passed when he sonicked his way through the back entrance "Health and Safety."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyra was absentmindedly running her fingers along Loki's wings as she had always done when she was lost in thoughts. The Doctor had left some time earlier in the morning and she was bored. The Tardis was well and good – more than that actually but she had been copped up for weeks already and she really wanted to go out. To just walk through the streets of the Earth she hadn't seen in over a year now. Not in person at least. A part of her had missed ending up on Earth every couple of days... She had missed a lot over the Year That Never Was but back then she had dismissed those wants and needs as childish notions. Having Mikael around constantly had been a nightmare come real. Everything that he was when they were Human had been amplified in his hatred.

'Mum, alright?' Loki asked, tilting his head.

"I'm fine, Loki," Tyra whispered, scratching the puppy behind the ears "I'm just bored."

Loki jumped up, his tail twitching 'Walk? Me want walk.'

Tyra smiled slightly and lifted herself from the grass with some effort "Let's go, then. Can you find your collar?" The Doctor had made Loki a collar that doubled as a perception filter. It would hide his wings from everyone who didn't know of them. She didn't have it on him a lot since they were in the Tardis most of the time but on Earth, it would definitely be better for both of them if his wings were hidden.

Loki was already out of the room before she had finished her sentence. Tyra shook her head at him and walked out of the garden, the Tardis shifting the hallways to make her path to the console room a lot shorter than it would normally be. She had been doing that a lot, the Tardis. Shifting corridors and room around to get them as close to her as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Adipose Industries, the twenty-first century way to lose weight," Miss Foster, the CEO of Adipose was explaining "No exercise, no diet, no pain. Just lifelong freedom from fat. The Holy Grail of the modern age. And here it is." She held up a capsule "You just take one capsule. One capsule, once a day for three weeks and the far, as they say..."

The film took over "The fat just walks away."

A woman from the audience spoke up, her tone full of doubt "Excuse me, Miss Foster. If I could? I'm Penny Carter, science correspondent for The Observer. There are a thousand diet pills on the market, a thousand con men stealing people's money. How do we know the fat isn't going straight to your bank account?"

Foster smiled thinly "Oh, Penny, if cynicism burnt up calories, we'd all be as thin as rakes. But if you want the science, I can oblige." With that, she stepped back, letting the film once again take over.