Chapter XI

"They're giving me two days to move out," Poe muttered slipping a hand into his hair furiously. He had knocked on Finn's door to give him the news and was extremely hesitant about telling him.

Finn gently took a hold of Poe's wrist as it was halfway through his hair, "Hey stop stressing. It's gonna be okay, we'll figure it out, you'll move your things in here and keep looking. There's gotta be something out there for you. And I'll be here for you the entire time."

Though he froze in place when the warm hand touched his wrist, Poe somehow managed to stutter out a thank you.

While bitting his lip nervously, he replaced his wrist with his hand to hold Finn's and linked them together for a short moment before letting it fall to his side with a heavy but shaky sigh.

"Can you help me move things?" Poe said with a low voice still stationary from the brief touching of skin between them.

Finn slowly blinked and nodded. "Of course."

And they went inside Poe's apartment to start collecting his things.

•••

Poe claimed to be a very sentimental person as he called himself. But Finn teased that he was a boarder line hoarder. Although, both were less than close to the truth.

There were notes and journals scattered about with no bookshelf to call home, a few pairs of clothes on the bed that needed to be hung and groups of objects cluttering his desk and counter that he insisted he would use eventually.

"You do not need all these take out menus. You get the same thing every time," Finn said waving the papers around while he talked.

Poe whined, "You don't know that! I might want to try something new!"

With his hands on his hips, Finn recited, "Fried rice and sesame chicken for Chinese, three cheese lasagna with exactly four breadsticks from Olive Garden, smoked turkey sandwich with no mustard, extra pickles, which are gross by the way, and kettle chips from Panera."

Poe stood with his eyebrows raised in surprise at his memory and thoughtfulness. "...Pickles are good though," was all he managed to spit out.

"Yeah you would think that wouldn't you," Finn said with a small smirk on his face as he turned and bent down to pick up some newspapers on the floor.

"I mean..." Poe trailed off trying not to be obvious about the fact he was totally staring at Finn's ass. (Honestly, it was his fault for making a comment like that and bending down and expecting not to be stared at. But Poe tried to ignore that.)

After three hours of listening to music, cleaning, taking things over to Finn's apartment and making their throats hoarse from singing, the pair finally cleared out most of Poe's belongings other than his bed and dresser.

Finn crouched over and took a glance under the bed. "Hey we forgot something!"

Nearly choking on his water, Poe waved his hands furiously and coughed, "No that's nothing. Don't-"

"You never told me you play guitar," Finn murmured as he traced a finger over the cold silver latch keeping the case shut closed.

It's not that he didn't want Finn to know he played guitar. It was just that the lyrics and music of the song that he had written the day before was perfectly placed on top where it could be easily seen. And 'funny yellow shoes' was a dead giveaway.

Poe slid onto his knees next to him pushing the case back under the bed. "I'll show you another day. Promise."

"Okay?" Finn said taken back and slightly confused. Poe was never this overprotective out of no where. There was no way it could be over just a guitar unless it had real major sentimental value to it.

Finn stood and leaned against the dresser and nodded at his bed, "So should we get to moving that thing or do you need a break old man."

"Woww, I'm three years older barely. You're supposed to respect your elders," Poe teased as he placed the guitar case across the room and joined Finn to carry his bed out.

They figured it wouldn't be hard to move it (because they were boys and didn't plan ahead) but when they couldn't get it out the door, they had to stop to disassemble it.

"You were supposed to think about the logistics of this," Poe grumbled as he unscrewed the legs off of the bed. "You're supposed to be the smart one.

"It's your bed! I'm not the one who could fall through it in the middle of the night," Finn defended while pointing a screwdriver at him.

Poe looked up from the bed at Finn shaking his head, "I swear if the bed breaks..."

He really didn't feel like laying on the floor on a mattress, although, it would be better than falling asleep on the sidewalk under a bridge. Finn letting him stay in his apartment meant more than he could realize. Poe wanted so bad to be able to pay him back one day and he would.

With all the disassembling and reassembling, the both of them managed to lose two very important pieces: the legs.

"So I guess I'm sleeping on the floor until I get another bed," Poe sighed. "At least it's under a roof. Thank you again, really, you're amazing."

Finn nudged his shoulder, "You're welcome but there's no way I'm letting you sleep on the floor."

"Well where else would I sleep?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We could always share a bed if that's okay with you, it's a queen so we won't be uncomfortably squished."

Poe swallowed nervously, "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely," Finn said with a firm nod.

"Okay," Poe gulped. There was no way he should've been this stressed about sharing a bed but this was extremely intimate. He already knew that his sleep tonight would be full of tossing and turning but he would be in a bed instead of outside and now with Finn and that was the most important part.