Chapter XIX

"No no no no. I'm not photogenic. I would look terrible."

Finn shook his head, "No you would not! Come on I need some practice and I have no pictures of you anyway."

Poe groaned and fell into the recliner and sprawled himself out dramatically. "I can't! I don't have time."

"You literally just said you don't have anything to do today," Finn said with a glare. He had wanted to practice and mess around with some new lenses he had gotten so he suggested going around town and taking pictures. And of course, Poe was complaining that he wouldn't look good. Finn was absolutely sure that he would but that didn't change Poe's mind.

"What if we go get frozen yogurt?" Finn drawled trying to convince him with his favorite snack.

Poe's head perked up from the chair. "Froyo?" He stood up and sighed knowing that whether he liked it or not there wasn't anything he wouldn't do for Finn. "Fine fine let's just go before I change my mind."

Clapping his hands together excitedly, Finn grinned. "Okay but I get to choose your outfit because I want you to look nice."

Poe narrowed his eyebrows at Finn, "I can dress nice. I just choose to dress comfortable."

"Yeah yeah. I suggest the plain button up and white jeans since I've never seen you even wear them before."

"It's not like I have guys lining up to take me on dates or anything," Poe said muffled through the sound of him lifting his shirt off his shoulders.

Finn accidentally scoffed a little too loud and tried his best to cover it up with a light laugh. Of course he'd be more than happy to take Poe on a date but if he could barely even talk to him without blushing there was no way he could ask him out.

He pulled a button up from the closet and smoothened it out to make sure it wasn't wrinkled before handing it to a shirtless Poe. He had to turn around casually so he wouldn't be caught accidentally staring. Now that would've been bad.

After dressing in the outfit that Finn picked out, Poe looked at his reflection in the mirror. He'd never seen himself so polished and neat. He liked it.

"Wow I actually look presentable and, well, good," Poe said breathlessly.

Finn tugged at him by the elbow to bring him out of the restroom and gazed at him up and down. He did look good- way better than good. "You look great," was all he managed to say without completely embarrassing himself.

Poe grinned at the mirror one last time before turning to Finn with a soft smile for a few moments then finally asking, "So where to?"

"No idea. Let's find out."

•••

The beginning of the day was just them two being together after spending a week apart- which felt like a lifetime to the both of them- and it was absolutely perfect. Finn's camera was filled with pictures of Poe laughing and smiling and being his beautiful self. Out of all the pictures he'd ever taken, the ones with Poe in them were his favorite.

"Your turn, say cheese," Poe said tossing the neck strap over his head and looked through the viewfinder.

Finn lifted his hands to block his face, "Wait, no- I've never been in a picture."

Poe raised his eyes over the camera and tilted his head at the response Finn had gave him. "You mean you have never had your picture taken? Don't you have a camera to do exactly that?"

"I mean, yeah but I've never wanted to. Besides no one would've wanted it anyway."

Poe looked back through the camera. "Well I want it," he said before clicking the shutter button and pulling his head back to look at Finn with a childish grin. "I want it and I'm keeping it in my car."

"Y-yeah of course," Finn supposed. It made him bite the inside of his cheek thinking about how endearing it was. People who really care about each other usually have pictures of another- he knew that because some kids would have pictures of their parents or siblings in their rooms- but Poe would have a picture of him. And that made Finn's heart soar more than he ever thought it could. Of course he couldn't express that though.