Ch 2 - Ties

What's up with Rias? She did something. There is so much on your mind.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

You woke up, had a pastry on the way the school and ever since you got into homeroom, you just kept thinking about yesterday. Mentally feeling a wound that was never there thanks to Asia. Someone who you just met and was killed in front of your eyes. Instead of guts spilling everywhere you saw black feathers burst like a chicken exploded. But it really came down to all the questions that you wanted to ask her.

Why did she give Mom money? How much? Is there a way to find out what I can do? This power she talks about. Then what can I do for work? Can I possibly work for her? I mean I have to do something. I got a place to fix and my and my mother to care for. I feel like I'm kicking myself square in the ass sitting here all of this time. 

Though as the final bell rang and the you grabbed your bag you went to the entrance so you could see if she would be true to her word. Sure enough there was only one girl with red hair. And three girls with a different school uniform. Rias, Asia, and a third girl.

She came. And is every Devil beautiful or does it just happen?

"Hey (FN)." Called Rias.

"Hey."

"This is Xenovia. She is the third one that helped you out yesterday." Rias introduced.

"Thank you Xenovia. You really saved me back there." You smiled at her.

"Pleasure doing so. But Asia is the one that helped you in my opinion. You were out cold. How's your head doing?" She knew you had a harsh fall.

"I'm doing fine. And my mother is doing okay. It really just comes down to what is next for me. There is just so much I want to know. It's been driving me crazy. A ton of questions to the point where I can't think straight."

"Let's have a walk. We were low on time yesterday." Rias smiled and wanted you to join in.

"Thanks."

"It's a lot to take in." Put in Xenovia.

"Enlighten me."

"Xenovia and I were raised by churches actually." Chimed Asia.

"Lot of shit went down. I remember you mentioned it Asia. Xenovia I know now. So I guess it comes down to what now. I mean can I work for you Rias? I do need a job to get by."

"You're hung up on money?" Asked Rias not wanting this to be your obstacle.

"House is crap, medical bills and stuff are terrible, and less pressure on my mother. I got to do what I got to do."

"Which I understand you obligations. Some of us don't have family. I know you haven't mentioned your father. While many of my House were orphans." That is hard to think since they have such a great attitude and personality. Asia, Xenovia, Koneko, Kiba, and Gasper and Akeno had their families behind them long ago.

"Hard out there. I know you're a busy girl as well. Thanks again for the time." You nod.

"So have you thought about being a Devil?"

"Will it help me stay healthy and things?"

"Well Devils catch colds and such. Asia heals injuries, not stamina. What are you concerned about?" Rias knew there was something going on.

"Can't say. I'll leave it at that." 

The girls all looked at each other. Then winked at Rias. "Fine by us." Smiled Rias. "But if you had to call the shots to benefit you, what would it be?"

"Make sure me and my mother are healthy and have solid work coming through. What else is there? Health, money, and tell others to piss off if need be."

"That's a lot going on." Commented Asia.

"I'm not in this alone. If it was I would have taken your offer yesterday. But if I am going to change forever she can't be left behind. I'm sure if she did, she would die. It's one of those things." You saw the girls go quiet. "It's just how it is. You see a loved one in a nursing home it don't last long." 

Rias was walking along and trying to get together a plan. He's right. Shouldn't have to leave his mother behind. Otherwise he would leave her in a miserable atmosphere and I would never allow that to happen. But even if I tore it down and had a rebuilt home, can she really be by herself? Let's think this through. "If your mother was in a stable place home wise and financially would that help?"

"Not sure. She might die in a pretty house. Like I said, is there a way I can help you?" Rias cared. Who else would go this far and beyond?

"I will see what arrangements we have. We can work something. And make sure everyone is in good health."

"Where are we heading to?" You asked.

"Well at Kuoh Academy we got our club in a campus house. Nice perk really. Comfy furniture, a guest bedroom, and even a full bathroom." Rias wanted to give a little show of the life at Kuoh.

"Isn't that an all girl?" You concerned.

"Used to be. Co-ed for a few years now. It's a 8:2 ratio of girl to boy at the moment. Some are hesitant but myself and another Devil House member who is Student Council helps run things. Very interesting really."

"Yeah. When you put it that way. I want to be fair girls. I do. I just want to discuss more terms with this. But really I can't help but feel grateful. Maybe this could bring me somewhere."

"Like what?" Asked Xenovia.

"The future is bleak at the moment. There is too many question marks. I live in the slums compared to your manor girls. I have concerns about homelife and Devil business and the chance of being attack make me lose sleep. None of it is easy."

"And regardless I still want to watch over things. I am not the only one." Rias looked over at Asia.

Poor guy. Hopefully he gets the opportunity. He is nice. He just has a guard up that is hard to remove. We will be there. Just let us in for help.

~~~~~

Not everything is a simple yes. You come first.

-Rel