Ch 18 - Invisible

What happens afterwards?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Everyone watches you turn invisible as you are heading up the stairs. With Howie staying it made your mood worse. He was still with Asia. As Issei and Asia walk into one of the middle floor levels. The main office was upstairs. But there was a second one on the main floor in case someone needed to do homework or make a long phone call. Issei stepped in and Asia closed the door behind her. It was pretty clear about what was going on.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Issei..." Asia looked away. Saddened. Hurt. She knew the answer for what seems like a while now, but has not said anything to him. 

"What is it? Tell me." He cried.

"Take care of the other girls." She said softly.

"What?"

"Issei. We haven't shared a bed for a while now. You are great to have around. But you and I both know that we don't have that relationship anymore."

"I know you are sleeping in your own room. But I still said I would protect you as well as everyone else." Issei looked down. That was a jab and it hurt him good. That was going to sting for a bit. Might as well have Koneko punch him. 

"Just because I don't share a bed with you and others doesn't mean I don't care for you."

He had to admit it. As a whole there were things that just did not go well in his favor. And with Rias and Akeno spending the night with him now, no wonder that Asia felt left out. Issei has two busty bombshells cuddling him. Why does she have to be part of a contest? "I get it. And I'm sorry."

"I learned a lot Issei. It's been two months now since we have slept together. And no I don't to hurt you Issei." She shut her eyes and covered them with her hands. "I just can't compete anymore. I know you have at least one girl that gives you everything you want. You have two or three. I don't feel secure about my body like they do. I feel uncomfortable being topless and touched. I can't."

"I understand. And I'm glad you aren't mad at me." Issei was doing his best. Putting his whole being into keeping his emotions together.

"Issei you have been great to me. But it's okay if we're not together. We can still have lunch and study together. But I know that Rias, Akeno, and Xenovia are the type of girls you want."

"Okay." Silence fell. It was just awkward for a moment. "We basically both knew right?"

She hugged him. "Thank you Issei. Now make them happy."

Issei had an idea on what she was referring to, but he wanted to add one thing. "You know if a boy hurts you then he is getting it twice as hard right?"

Asia smiled. "Thank you."

"No sweat. Anything else?"

"You wouldn't be jealous would you?"

"It would be stupid for me to be."

"Okay. Thank you again."

The two came outside of the office. They weren't going to bother them. Especially since they haven't suspected any acts that would make them jealous. No affection would be taking place. But there were a couple things they wanted to know themselves. Would there be any awkward tension? And then, they didn't want you going to bed alone and no dinner. It was early on in the night. Even so, Howie the hooting owl was relatively quiet throughout the whole conversation. 

*Hoo* He turned his head towards Asia.

"What is it Howie?" She asked.

He flew up and over to the stairs. *Hoo* Pointing his wing to up the stairs. 

"You want me to get him?" Asked Asia.

He nodded. *Hoo* Then flew to her hands once again.

"Okay..." This seems all so sudden. But there is this energy that speaks for itself. Rasai didn't have a problem with (FN). Then Howie's talons don't hurt to the touch like they are supposed to. Am I really seeing all of this? Asia walked up the stairs and slowly went to the hallway. Rather anxious about entering a boy's room. But Howie hooted at your door and rested his talons on the doorknob. "I don't know Howie. You sure?"

*Hoo* A hoot and a nod.

"Maybe I should knock first." She made a fist and tapped on the door twice.

This when you had to gather yourself. "Who is it?"

"Hi. It's Asia." She called.

Time to man up to it. You make yourself visible and turn on a lamp. Make sure you are alright with yourself first. A deep breath and you answered the door. "Yes- woah." You watch Howie fly into your left cheek. "Hey. Was that nice?"

Howie landed on your shoulder. Scratching his left wing with the back of your head.

"Evening." You look at Asia.

"Hi there (FN)."

"Hope he wasn't too much trouble for you."

"Not at all." She just smiled brightly.

You look over your shoulder. "Did you say thank you?"

*Hooooo*

"Starting to think you like her more than me. Though I'm glad you have behaved yourself. And the fact you got summoned while I was napping. I'm questioning things."

"As am I. But I wanted to thank you today (FN). You made me feel very special today. I hope we can do it again soon." That was something that made you feel appreciated. Not even thinking about what is between her and Issei. It just made your smile. And she needed to let it be known to clear the air.

"Thanks. Soon hopefully."

"I'd like that."

"You have a good night Asia."

"You as well." She nodded and closed the door.

You sighed with a smile. "Alright Playboy? What'd you do?"

*Hoo*

"Howie?"

*Hoo*

"Come on now."

*Hoo*

"Howard!"

*Hoo* He flew over towards your bed and relaxed his talons on the top of the frame. 

"Nappy time?"

Howie opened his mouth. "Ah-ah."

"Food. Right... Food. Okay, rest then we eat?"

*Hoo* He flapped his wings happily.

"Good. Now spill it. What did you do down there. I am not dropping this."

The owl said nothing. 

"You really know how to play hardball Howie. You're killing me."

~~~~~

Maybe, there is hope.

-Rel