Ch 23 - The Voice

After a non-canon chapter, lets get back to it.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

It was the first day waking up and knowing you have a girlfriend. Nothing of the "I like her and hope she likes me" game. You and Asia were official. And how else would a guy wake up to besides a hooting owl.

Howie blinked a few times and stretched his wings. Then flew out of his recently new nest and landed on the headboard of the bed. *Hoo* *Hoo* *Hoo*

You yawned and turned over. "Thanks Howie. Really, thanks." You throw the covers over towards the footrest. "Eeee. Oh boy." You grunted. "Time to get up."

"I'd get up if I were you." Said a voice. That voice was new. English. Not too deep of a pitch. Something from a sitcom or movie.

"What the fuck!?" You jump out of bed and look around. In a fighting stance and think that someone has entered. 

"I say, guard down." Howie flew over and landed on the opposite side of the bed. *Hoo*

"You can fucking talk!?"

"Pending."

"Pending my dick. You've been holding out on me. What the hell is going on?" You cried out.

Howie shook his head. "Sometimes we need to figure things out yourself. If I said ask her out you would overthink it or get cocky. The two of you were genuine."

"What's next? Quotes? Like, 'Focus and land the bloody plane' or something crazy?"

He shook his head. "No-no-no. Do I look like a toy?"

"You look like a familiar that can communicate. And what happens if someone goes through that door? Then what?"

"This conversation never happened and you best be off. That includes Asia. And tell her again that I am loving my new nest. Sleep is rather grand."

"So, are you created to talk? Or only when need be? Only I can hear you?"

Howie winked at you. "Fate would have it I suppose. Though that girl is exactly what you need. To mellow you out as you initially comfort her and give her hope."

"Hope? Hope for what Howard?" Asia seems in a good place. What is this that he's talking about. So far his perception on you and her are on the head. What about everyone else in the house? Could he figure out Xenovia?

"She is a beautiful girl but has insecurities and has doubts about herself. You have strength, drive, and you lunge forward as you act and do the best you can. Use your head a little bit more and you will do fine. I don't know everything mind you."

"You sure seem like it. Though I'm still getting over that familiars can talk."

"Episode 1 where Rias' familiar hands out fliers."

"And you break 4th walls?"

"The creator does have insurance. What is the purpose of insurance if it is not used? Could you answer that?"

"I don't even know my insurance."

"Exactly."

A knock came to the door. "Hey (FN)?" Yoo-hoo, it's your girlfriend.

Howie's eyes widened. "Quickly." He whispered . "Act natural."

"Easy for you to say Howard!" You whispered at him with a angry grin.

"(FN) you awake?" Asked Asia again from behind the door. 

"Coming. One moment." You check yourself by looking down. Still in your pajamas. But that's not a bad thing at the moment. You have shorts on at least. Walking over you talk a deep breath. Then go over and open the door for Asia. "Morning."

"Morning. I know its early. I just wanted to let you know I'm helping Rias cook. I saved you a seat." That was nice of her.

"Thanks. I'll get dressed and be right down. And Howie over here likes the nest. He's loving it."

*Hoooo* He smiled. 

Yeah-yeah. Eat it right up Birdie. Killing me with that shit. 

Asia put her hands together in delight. "You're so welcome. I'll see you soon. Take your time."

"Momentarily." You close the door and take a step back before sighing in relief. "So Howie, anyone can hear you. But you're being quiet all about it?"

"Yes. Rather most times it's not my place. Though you learned without me saying a word up until now. I hooted and made signs. And yes I do enjoy your girlfriend's company. She's so sweet. I know you'll protect her with your life."

"You know it Howie." You walk over to the dresser to get clothes.

"So after all of this said, maybe you should pay a visit to your mother. Check on her. See how's she's doing. And you do have a lady to introduce."

You chuckled. "I feel like you're my conscious."

"Perhaps."

"You're going to scare me Howie. Almost gave me a heart attack just a moment ago."

"Apologies for giving you the movie role of the guy that is going mad after a night of drinking." Howie shook his head. "But it got you up."

"No kidding..."

*Hoo* "Now move your behind please. That beautiful blonde is making breakfast with the bombshell."

As you put on pants you laugh. "Howie I think every woman in here is a bombshell. Can't believe I'm technically dating one too."

"What is this technically? She's your girlfriend."

"It's only been a day."

"Think positive. Being positive and confident without overdoing it and that is the recipe for the good man."

You go for some deodorant before you put on the shirt. "Define the good man."

"Clean cut, bright smile, keeps composure, walks forward and attacks objectives the smart way, and treats ladies with respect and care. Among more, but those are the essential basics."

You finish getting dressed and do a mirror check. "Howie, I'm not sure what you see here like what I see in the mirror, but, do I look like a perfect British gentleman? I mean, any of those things?"

"High ceiling to low floor."

"What?"

Howie shook his head. "The sky is limit. But if you let yourself go you can have all of it gone. Keep yourself in order, apply yourself, and I shall perhaps guide you to your glory."

"I feel like this is a movie. Sword In The Stone or something."

"Do I look old?"

"You're a talking friggin' owl!"

"Good point. But I digress. Get out there and leave the door cracked open while I gather myself."

You walk over to the door and smile. "Ya know, you concern me. See ya downstairs Howie." And let's see how this goes. Not something you see everyday.

~~~~~

I hope everyone is enjoying this. This might start to become up in my personal Top 10.

-Rel