Ch 17 - Defeat

What are the reactions?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Akeno saw Rias walk back down the stairs and to the kitchen back to see her. She knew by the look on Rias' face it was not good news. "How's he doing?" She knew the answer, but needed the details. 

"You can see that his heart just sank. I'm going to save him a plate and let him try and decompress. Even though I didn't really expect it, I can't deny seeing that light in his eyes."

"Didn't he light up when he saw Asia?"

"He did. Even though he can be intimidating and has the shadow like aura around him, he can be sensitive. Maybe it isn't heartbreak. I think it is just redemption. It's like having a fun day out with a guy and then you find out that he's taken."

"Well, you and I are much more free than the average girl. We are comfortable with our bodies, wear what we wear, and essentially we have the ability to get almost any boy we want. Correct?"

Rias sighed. "Very. Boys do have it tough. Not just for us, but in general too. Depending what the girl wants too."

"Height, physique, smile, personality, and then when he gets older it goes into money, goals, what he wants, support, and so many other things." Akeno was right.

"Agreed. Some just have so many standards and expectation." Rias nodded.

"We don't mostly, but if you look around the school the bar is set high. Look at Sona." Akeno called out a good name.

"And Tsubaki with Kiba. Wasn't sure how that was going to go." 

As these two were debating on what was next, there was something going on as you were resting. A little purple shadow appearing as your eyes were shut while you were trying to sleep off this distress. A little creature flapping it's wings and heading over towards the door. With the door opened just a crack, Howie used his talons to open the door and fly out of your room.

"Maybe we should talk to Asia-" Rias turned her head to see Asia in the doorway of the kitchen and living room. "Hey there."

"Hi girls. What's going on?" Asia walked in to grab a seat.

*Hoo* 

"Howie?" Asia looked over as the owl hovered in the kitchen. "Where's (FN)?"

*Hoo* He flew into Asia's chest and cuddled into her. 

"This a familiar thing?" Asked Asia.

"Looks like they just like you." Smiled Akeno. "Your gentle heart."

"Yeah, but back to what I was saying, what is up with (FN)? Did he summon Howie?"

"He seemed like he was sleeping. Maybe Howie is trying to tell us something. And if (FN) was awake and summoned him, wouldn't he have gone after him? I mean he wouldn't let his own familiar just fly free." Rias was trying to piece all of it together. Was Howie out because he sensed something? Did he come just to say hello? 

"Howie." Akeno walked over to see the owl. "How's (FN) doing?"

*Hoo* The owl shook its head.

"I see..." Basically means no good.

"He was having fun when we had the day out together. I had an amazing time. Am I missing something?" Asia wasn't sure.

"He knows the girl he has a crush on sleeps in a bed with the boy she likes." Answered Akeno.

"Actually, lately its just been me. One night Xenovia and that is it." What Rias said shocked Akeno.

"Asia?" Akeno looked over to her. "Who is the boy you have a crush on?"

"Well I-" She was put on the spot. "I don't know how to answer that." Asia blushed.

"You haven't spent the night with Issei. In how long? And why? What is going on? Tell us what you feel. Just because we want to clear the air here in the manor." Rias was right. Did Asia still have feelings for Issei? Was there a love triangle and she has two guys or more after her? Maybe there was something she was figuring out?

"I don't feel like I'm appreciated. So I've been sleeping in my own room." Well this was a new opened door. "I don't like that I had to sleep cold with no top on. Feel that I always have to compete. The fact that my body isn't what he obviously likes."

Wait. So Issei is occupied by me and someone else. With that being the case and Issei not asking, hold on... That means she is still being nice to him and Issei isn't seeing the hint which is no surprise. "So you've fallen out of romance for Issei." Rias said boldly. 

"I still care about him. But, I don't like him. Well, like that? I don't know." She was flustered and didn't want to start any trouble. 

"You don't desire his affection anymore." Akeno looked at Rias. "What should we do from here?"

Rias looked at Akeno. "You make sure this is only between the three of us." Then to Asia. "You get your thoughts together. And, well, let's check to see what he is up to at the moment."

You open the door hard. It hits the wall by mistake. Echoing throughout. "My bad." You called. Your attire is not changed outside to switching to a plain t-shirt.  

"Gracious." Rias looked over. "It's him. He looks pale."

"Yo Issei, you free?" You yell to see where his location is. 

"Yeah?" He looks up from the couch and over the railing. "Hey man, you know Howie is out and about?"

"Huh?" You had no idea how that happened? "Howie?"

*Hoo*

"Really?" You slowly start heading down the stairs. Stretching and yawning as you get to the bottom of the middle level. The first thing you see is Issei and Xenovia on the couch. Then over to the kitchen to Howie nuzzling in Asia's chest and arms. "Evening everyone."

*Hoo* "Howie have you been behaving for the girls?"

The owl nodded. *Hoo*

"That's just gravy. You coming up? I don't remember summoning you. Something up?" You watch Howie open his wing and wave it over Asia's head. "You want to stay? That's on the girls Howie."

The owl turned his head away from you. "Great, thanks... Anyways I'm heading back to bed. Catch everyone tomorrow." Then you turn to see Issei in front of you.

"What's up?" He asked.

You put a hand on Issei's shoulder. "I get it. Take care of her. But I swear on everything if you hurt her I will do my best to knock your lights out whether or not you use your dragon powers." You take your hand off of him. "Good night."

Everyone just watched you walk away. In shock by those words. Xenovia was intrigued too. Watching you walk up the stairs by yourself. Rias and Akeno can see the pain, Asia still holding Howie is worried, and Issei is just beside himself. 

"What happened?" Asked Xenovia.

"I think he was referring to her." Rias pointed to Asia.

"But I-" She looked around. "Issei, can we talk?"

"Yeah, is this what I think it is?"

"Yes."

~~~~~

You can't keep them all brother.

-Rel