Ch 15 - Park

What are Rias and Akeno looking out for?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

You and Asia were having a good time out in the town getting to the park. The park was quiet. The big trees with long branches provided plenty of shade. With no one around you summoned Howie so he can get some fresh air in this world. He hooted and went to your shoulder. 

"Howie you remember Asia. And what does Rasai look like?" You asked as you backed up. 

Asia summoned a creature that had this powerful aura around it. He appeared nuzzling into Asia'a chest. "(FN), Howie, this is Rasai. Rasai these are my friends (FN) and Howie."

The little dragon glared at you. You smiled and flinched hoping it wasn't going to zap you. He took flight and flew towards you. You hugged Howie as he hooted in your arms to protect him. All Rasai did was loop around you and head back to Asia's arms. No harm and no foul. What a relief. 

"Cool little guy. I assume he was checking me out?" 

"Apparently he is supposed to hate random males. But he has gotten nicer. Right Rasai?" She pet the dragon as it hugged into her.

"He's cute. Threatening as I imagined, but cute. So, shall we?" You began to walk into the park. Enjoying the fresher air and the hidden sunlight. It was a little cool in the shady part you walked in. 

Overall this was a great day to go. Howie went to fly freely from tree to tree and Rasai hovered over Asia looking out for any prey or any being that was a threat to his master. Howie and Rasai kept their distance, but still respected one another. This is exactly how the two of you wished it would turn out.

"Thanks again." Smiled Asia.

"Thanks for coming with. Outside something business related we haven't had that much time to talk. Always been about school or work. And does me being a victim the first time we met count?" You shrugged your shoulders.

"Probably not." She agreed.

"And here we are. First time hanging out."

"Yes. I like this spot too. Can't believe I never came here." She was in awe. This was perfect for her. A quiet and peaceful place with good company. "This place is wonderful."

"My first time coming here too. It all worked itself out. And we are much closer to it than my side of town originally. This was a home run."

"So (FN), has everything been adjusted to so far?" She asked.

"Adjusted? The mansion, the school, and being a Devil?"

"Yeah, all of it." She said shyly.

You look up as you continue to walk forward. Watching Howie and Rasai begin to fly on opposite ends of each other in a friendly matter. "I don't think so. Not fully but I'm close. I guess it is just a thing where it has to settle. I got my mother out of that box. I stepped up for the better. Feel that I am set for life. Feel that I'm not going to be in that hole until I grow old. Even though I'm technically reborn, I feel alive. I feel confident, feel strong willed, and I want to try things out. Like today."

"That's amazing. It was hard for me too. I've been a church girl my whole life and they saved me. All of them. Xenovia was from a church too. Glad you are finding everything okay. We don't have family so it was only about us." She smiled brightly.

"I'm fortunate I have a mother. I know half of us don't. At least."

"Yeah..."

"But today is a good day. I can get used to more days like these. I know I will get involved in a blood bath eventually, but moments like this keep you at bay. Almost perfect really." You smile up. 

"Yeah. I would love more of these too. So calming." 

You look over to her daydreaming in the distance. "Yeah..." You watch her run forward giggling. Watching Rasai fly down into her arms and act motherly towards him. Petting the top of his head and closing her emerald green eyes. You watch her happy as can be. Woah.

Howie got you out of your mindset by resting on your shoulder. "Oh, Hey Howie." Trying to hide it.

*Hoo*

"What boy?"

*Hoo* He pointed his wing over to Asia.

"Asia or Rasai?" You ask him.

*Hoo* Howie flew off and then landed on Asia's shoulder.

"Howard! Is that nice? You have to ask permission first." You called for him.

"It's okay. I don't mind." Replied Asia. "Rasai is okay with it."

"That's a relief. Though this is almost perfect. After this you want to grab lunch?"

Meanwhile there were two highschool bombshells at their school pool. Since they got access from the school counsel, they can do as they please. These two just happened to be the ones helping you the most.

Rias got out of the pool to rest for a minute. Akeno stayed floating in the water. "We aren't overthinking this are we?"

"What if he thinks a walk in the park and lunch is a date?" Asked Akeno.

"When you put it that way..." She sighed. "What have I done?"

"We can't help who you fall for. Look at us. People think we're crazy." Akeno assured.

"That's right. Very true. But this one I thought was preventable. I mean, do we set him up with a nice girl from school? Sitri's girls are too strict, Ravel's a pain, and what else is there?"

"That's a good question. Xenovia?"

"He can't handle her either."

"Oh my, you're quite right about that."

"I know..." Rias sighed. "Should we give them a call?"

"Give it an hour or two."

"Good enough." Though why am I getting anxious? Is something really that wrong?

~~~~~

I don't know Rias, sixth sense?

-Rel