Ch 5 - On The Move

This is sweetness.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

The last box was moved into your mother's apartment. It was nice having fresh paint and not having to worry about heat, cooling, or structure. Even modern lighting which is more of a plus than you had realized. This wasn't a luxury apartment, but it surely felt like it. Putting that box down you went to your mother who was sitting on the bed and trying it out. 

"So, you know you better get that grade up."

"I think I got the sources to. I'll be studying." As well as being a Devil and that career path but that's besides the point. Right?

"And if there is any awards, events, girlfriends, and all that good stuff you better let me know." She smiled.

"Going to be sometime. One obstacle at a time now Ma." You sit down on the bed next to her.

"So that manor dorm thing looks incredible right?" She asked you trying to get out those juicy details. 

"Pretty cool actually. But I wasn't making any moves without you. It is just the two of us."

"Well you're right. But I hoped one day you wouldn't worry about me to abandon the nest. I love you (FN) but I cannot put a cap on your future. Now whether that is mechanics, programming, or a cashier I don't want to stop you." This was the first time in quite a while where you and her were having a serious in depth talk. Though whether if this was a day or two prior, this was still the best option. 

"Well hey after Dad left us I had to step up. I never thought I would see you cry tears of joy. It's almost like I bought you a house."

"Better than that. Heater and A/C on them, appliances on them. Upgraded certainly." She smiled. "I got a sell on it to help get by for a while. Just enough to pay what it was worth and right now you fund this from school."

"Don't worry Ma, I don't plan to fail. I will die or disappear before I fail."

"Let's go with neither."

"Affirmative." You nod.

"Some Son, you should be on your way. Get settled in. You have a new school to go to tomorrow."

"Yup. That I do."

~~~~~

"So how is she settling in?" Asked Rias.

You sit on the couch in the ORC room. The club room that is really a house is some really nice digs. Although sitting between Akeno and Xenovia is quite interesting. You just do not know it as of yet. "She is doing well. Had a good, much needed talk and I'm here. She even sold the shack we lived in. Just enough to pay what was owed on it. With just a hair more for her. Gotta do what you gotta do right?"

"So thoughtful." Complimented Akeno.

"Thank you." Turning back to Rias. "So, I'm the Rook and I have a power that I have to unlock. That correct?"

"Yes. Though tonight we won't be getting started with anything. We just need to you to get used to things. Show you around, have dinner, and make sure you are rested for tomorrow. This seem like a new life to you?"

"It totally is. And I love it at the moment. I mean, am I really going to say no to all of this? Say no to all of this? It's not selfishness. I had people to care for and everyone seems nice here. And when you come from poverty like me, people die for it."

Rias seemed interesting in what was next. Something was going to be said. "Do you have Samurai mentality?"

"I win. All that matters. Samurai code has more honor. You saw me fight those two assholes. Honorable fight is straight up match one on one. Those two almost ganged up. Where I come from it is every man for themselves and whatever it takes to win in the survival aspect. I don't pick fights mind you, but if needs to be done then I'm there."

"The Rook gives one strength as powerful as a Devil in mythology. If not stronger. Do be careful. Otherwise you can hurt others as well as yourself. Power is responsibility." Assured Rias.

"Much aware. Thank you for that. Much assured. Though it makes sense. Don't think I could swing a sword. Well, with control and precision." You chuckled.

"Heavy to hold. Striking is twice as hard." Informed Xenovia.

"Though Koneko?" You look at the white haired girl eating chocolate.

"Yeah?" She raised her head.

"Can you punch through a block?"

"I can break a marble column." She replied.

"Damn..."

"And you can do naughty things with that power too." Giggled Akeno.

"Is that so?" You blush and look at her as she scoots a little closer.

"Alright hold up you." Ordered Rias.

The two of you just look at her. Who is she referring to? "Huh?" You point at yourself asking.

"No. Her. Off the Rook. He just got here." Reasoned Rias.

"Is it because he's wet behind the ears?" Pondered Akeno.

"Thanks for rubbing it in..." You sighed.

"You will find yourself a woman eventually."

"Define eventually. Either way I have to get used to school life and prove my worth first. It's probably going to be harder than I imagine."

"Actually you have all of us here for help. Not bad at all. I will say though (FN), I only worry about your temper. I don't need you to go rogue on me. Something tells me that there is something inside of you that is rather similar to an alter ego." Rias made a strong point. Very knowledgeable and you are grateful that she isn't keeping it to herself.

"If I go off the rails or lean over, tell me. Smack me. Do what you have to do. But I do owe you. All of you are allies. Don't forget that. You have me to have your back."

Akeno was really concerned about you joining up. I'm not sure if I get him. Helping out his mother is something all of us would do if she were around. But the fighting, this dark side to him,  and there is this defensive anger he has for a personality. I get why Rias is worried. But, for certain he can do well. That's a fact. Time for him to get used to, the life as they say. But so much to learn. Devil life, new school, and the love life will be difficult for him. Poor thing.

~~~~~

First day is tomorrow. Be prepared.

-Rel