Ch 22 - Working Us

There is a little work to make through, but can it work?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

You and Asia stayed where you were on the couch finishing up the tea. Still getting on that new personal level. Straighten things before Rias and Akeno give the looks and ask some questions. The two of you held hands and smiled. But there must be more terms than racy comments and spanking. Though she was more worried on her end than your end. Understandable. What guy in the house was going to flirt with her and rub themselves against her? No one. What girl in this house would make you blush and fall over you in good fun. The chick with a giant rack, dark hair, magenta eyes, and flirty personality. That's who!

"So, I think if we are forward about it and wait for their response. It will be less awkward in the end. I'm kind of nervous too. Think after that I'm fine. What about you?" 

"You can turn invisible. I can't." She sighed.

"That's true- Wait! Hold on." Something just came to you. Are you the only one that can turn invisible? This is your Sacred Gear. But there is something funny about it. You are very curious as to how all of this works. "Do you trust me?" You ask her.

"I haven't been given a reason not to. We're now boyfriend and girlfriend right?"

"Yes." You take a breath. "Just bare with me. I think I have an idea."

"I'm staying dressed right?" She asked uncomfortably.

"What is this? An ecchi anime?" Or the Fantastic 4 with Jessica Alba? Hoo-boy. "Hold on." You go in for a hug. Then breath deeply. You notice that you disappear. And Asia, her torso disappeared. But her head and legs were scene. "The heck?" You let go. 

"That's a little scary at first. Not seeing half of your own body."

You are trying to think about this. "It because I'm on the hungry side? A little nervous? Or is it I have to get stronger to control this?" Pondering at those questions.

*Hoo* *Hoo* *Hoo*

"Thanks Howie. Big help." You sighed. "Alright. I'm thinking dinner. I guess we should get this over with. At least I tried. I had to."

"You want to rest Howie?" Asked Asia to the owl that was sleeping on and off.

His eyes were closed. *Hoo*

"Nighty night." Asia smiled and held onto your hand. "We should go."

Looking down on your hand and feel the glow. The aura you feel that shivers you. "Alright."

The two of them are going to be heading to a full kitchen. It's going to be a full table end to end. Rias looked over at the two empty chairs on her left. After those two empties was Akeno enjoying her meal. Though she was just as curious. 

"Think they will be long?" Asked Akeno. 

"I don't know. Something tells me we should wait."

You held onto Asia's hand as you both walked down the stairs. Both of you expecting the stares and questions. But it is much better than denying it for a long sum amount of time. Saying you don't like the person while you want to kiss and cuddle him/her. That sort. Then there were comments and flirting and overall it is so much harder hiding the relationship than saying to people this is how it is. At the end of the day being open about your partner is better for everyone than dating on the fly. 

As you walk into the kitchen everyone is stopping what they are doing. It isn't awkwardly quiet, but the eyes are wondering to an obvious place. You let go of her hand and sit down. "Good evening. Thank you for the food." Start putting your fork in as usual.

"Which one of you would like to explain?" Asked Rias with a grin.

"About us being together?" Asked Asia.

Issei looked at the two of you. It was bound to happen at some point. Just happy for her. He will do great. And if not I have a dragon fist or two for him, but hey. This can work no problem.

"Ohhh, I see." Giggled Akeno. "I'll be nice."

"You better behave. You have me to answer to you know."

"Yes President."

"Well congrats. Awkward at first?" Asked Issei.

"Well I figured something like this would happen. Just wasn't sure who it would be." Xenovia was weighing out a few things. "Issei Dear how come you don't like affection in public?"

"We aren't doing this right now." Grumbled Koneko. "I know where this is going."

"Well I can't say either." Kiba turned away and kept eating.

"Okay what is going on here?" You asked. 

"Well..." Gasper blushed. 

"Give me a while, see if me and her can get a date going." Kiba was trying to assure this and not be jealous. 

"I hope there isn't a problem." You were a little worried.

"Kiba is working on it and Koneko and Gasper do there own thing which is not for us to judge. All of us here know that the two of you are the ones to make and break what you have. We are just here for support and if there is any questions you can ask. But none of us here are going to sabotage anything. We're a family. It's not perfect like in a fairy tale, but we all make it work and do the best for ourselves." A great speech by Akeno.

Rias got up from her seat. "And with that, I would like to propose a toast. To good times, happy trails, and solid state of mind. To (FN) and Asia the best of luck."

To get the vote of confidence felt huge for me. To Asia it was comforting. But for me it was confidence in who I was. There were certain ways this could of went. And I felt that this was a good step forward. It was good to see progress. I did it for me. Not for my mother, not for Asia exactly, I did it for me. After that toast everything changed. Forever for better.

~~~~~

What is better?

-Rel