26

Jimin runs out of the school and just keeps going until he can't hear the sound of music anymore.

He plops down in the middle of the football field and starts crying. Jungkook's already moved on.

How could he be so stupid? Did he really expect that Jungkook would have legitimate feelings for him?

Jimin always thought Jungkook was the stupid one, but he was wrong. He was so wrong. It's been him all along.

He feels a few raindrops and looks up to the sky. "Oh, come on! Haven't you fucked my life up enough already?!"

The rain soon progresses to a steady pour and there's even thunder. Jimin pulls his knees into his chest and cries.

-

Jungkook pulls away from the kiss with a blank face. He didn't really want to kiss them. It was just–

Namjoon taps on Jungkook's shoulder. "There's a thunderstorm outside."

"And? What about it?"

Namjoon leans in closer and whispers, "Your little hook up ran outside a few minutes ago."

Jungkook looks at Namjoon with wide eyes. "Jimin? He's here?! Where was he going?"

"I don't know. You should probably go find him."

"Why me?"

"Because you're probably the reason."

Jungkook looks back at his date and pulls his hand away from them. "I don't like you. You're nice and everything, but... I'm sorry."

They shrug. "I kind of knew."

Jungkook turns back to Namjoon. "Which door did he run out of?"

Namjoon points and Jungkook runs. He opens the door and sees that Namjoon wasn't exaggerating. It's borderline flooding outside.

He takes his suit jacket off and clutches it to his chest, sheltering it from the rain. He can see only about 50 meters in front of him. 

He runs in a straight line and prays that he's somehow following Jimin's path.

-

Jimin hears someone calling his name and he looks around meakly. The rain is beating down on him. His eyes barely make out a blurry figure at the end of the football field.

The figure moves closer and Jimin hates himself for being excited. It's Jungkook.

He kneels down next to him. "Jesus Christ, are you fucking insane? Why'd you run out into this?"

Jimin looks away from him and doesn't answer. Jungkook makes him stand up and leads him off of the field and to the concession stands where there's a balcony.

They sit down under the balcony and Jimin starts shivering. Jungkook frowns and puts his somewhat dry jacket on him.

"Why did you run out like that?"

"Go away." Please don't go away. "I just want you to leave me alone." No I don't. Please don't leave me again.

Jungkook shakes his head. "I'm not leaving. Something's going on and I want to know if it's my fault."

"Yes, it's your fault. Isn't that obvious?! I gave you everything and 4 days later you're with someone else? I feel like a fucking idiot for ever trusting you..."

Jungkook grabs Jimin's hand. "I'm sorry. Wendy said she'd only go with Joon if he found someone to go with her friend. Taehyung said I could do it. I didn't want to cancel on her last minute."

"But you kissed her. You wanted to be there with her. You're lying to me."

"I'm not. She kissed me. I didn't know what to do so I just kissed back. I told her that I didn't like her before I ran out after you."

"I don't know if I can even trust what you're saying. You're a liar and you used me and I fucking hate you–"

Jungkook leans in and kisses him. "I didn't use you. I know that's what it looked like, but I swear on my life that I didn't use you."

"Why did you kiss me?..."

"Because I think I like you? I don't know..."

"I like you." He slaps his hand over his mouth. Why did he say it? Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck–

Jungkook blushes and stammers. "Y-you do? You like me?"

"I do." Fuck, why can't he stop talking?

"Then I like you too." He leans in and kisses him again. Jimin shakes his head. "You could be lying again."

"I'm not. I swear I'm not lying."

Jimin's teeth start chattering. Jungkook feels concern flow through his body. "You're gonna catch a cold."

He looks around and sees that there's no sign of the storm letting up at all. He turns and sees the cage of the concession stand window. There's a lock but it's a flimsy one.

He pulls it apart and pushes up the cage, motioning for Jimin to get inside. He gets up slowly due to how cold his muscles are and he climbs on the counter.

The inside of the concession stands is about 7 degrees warmer, so it's not a lot but it's better than nothing. He scavenges for a light and finds the light switch.

Jimin relaxes against the wall. "You've let me down twice, Jungkook... I don't know how to trust anything you say to me..."

Jungkook keeps his distance. "I know. I'm such a fucking asshole."

Jimin sniffles. "First I was just a bet and now I'm nothing to you."

"Jimin... I know I was wrong for accepting the bet, but you need to know that I didn't hook up with you because of that."

"You hooked up with me because you wanted to."

"Of course I wanted to! I'm fucking obsessed with you."

"You ghosted me for 4 days. I'm obviously not that important to you."

"Taehyung said he wouldn't be my friend if I talked to you. He blocked and deleted your number off from my phone. He's my best friend and I'm kind of fucking conflicted right now."

Jimin shuts his mouth. Maybe this was just a big misunderstanding. It's embarrassing that it was also his fault...

"I... I just felt vulnerable..."

Jungkook walks over and sits down next to him. "I care about you, okay? I'm not using you and you aren't a useless hook up. You actually... mean a lot to me."

He leans in to kiss him again but Jimin stops him. "Not right now... I'm still kind of pissed at you."

Jungkook nods. "That's understandable."

-