98

Y'all remember Irene in the Dumb Dumb video? With the glasses and the green shirt? That's Irene in this story, but she usually wears contacts because people make fun of her glasses. Also, her glasses don't have weird cat eye things. They're just regular blocky glasses.

-

Irene stays late after school Thursday in the art room to work on her painting. It's due tomorrow and she's nowhere near done.

Taehyung watches in the doorway. "Thanks for telling me you were staying late. I've been waiting in my car for 35 minutes."

Irene jumps and turns around. "I thought I texted you." She picks up her phone. "Fuck. I typed it out but I didn't hit send. Sorry..."

Taehyung chuckles. "I'm just joking. It's okay."

Irene continues painting and Tae walks over. "Wow. You're really good."

She smiles. "Thanks."

Tae pulls up a stool right behind hers and sits down, resting his chin on her shoulder. "Can I suggest something?"

She nods.

"Instead of painting leaves behind the parrot, just make it solid blue. The painting would be too busy with leaves."

Irene tilts her head. "I mean, you aren't wrong. And it'll take no less than 10 minutes. Can you grab the blue paint for me?"

"Sure." He stands up and looks around the room, making a beeline for the paint bottles. He picks up a bottle of sky blue acrylic paint.

Before walking back, he picks up a small pallette and a bottle of hot pink face paint. He walks back and puts the pallette and face paint next to his stool before sitting down.

Irene takes the blue paint. "Thank you." She pours some onto her pallette.

-

The painting is done in no time. Taehyung pours some of the pink paint onto the pallette and dips his finger in it. Irene turns around and Tae quickly draws a heart on her cheek.

She gasps. "Please tell me this is face paint."

"It is. Turn your stool towards me."

Irene spins in her chair. Tae fixes the heart until it's perfect and makes another one on her other cheek. "Cute."

Irene pulls up Snapchat and takes a selfie with Tae, putting it on her story. Tae chuckles. "You don't use any of those beauty filters?"

Irene scowls. "No. Are you saying I should?"

"No, not at all. I'm just surprised because every girl I know uses them. Even some of my guy friends use them."

"I don't need them so why would I use them?"

Tae chuckles. "True. You don't need them. You're what girls wish they looked like."

Irene blushes. "Thanks..."

"Have you hung out with Seulgi and her gang yet?"

"Yeah. Did you hear that Wendy finally said yes to Namjoon?"

"No. Thank God. He's been chasing after her since–"

"8th grade."

"How did you know?"

"You do realize I went to the same middle school as you, right?"

Taehyung stares at her face for a minute, clearly confused. She sighs. "I'm the 'future psychopath' girl."

Tae gasps. "Oh my god, no fucking way. I used to bully you."

"Yeah. You're the reason I don't wear glasses anymore."

"I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. You've... changed, I guess."

"I have no idea how I didn't recognize you."

"It's because I completely changed my appearance before Freshman year. My hair is naturally frizzy so I straighten it every morning, I do makeup, and I wear contacts."

She turns back to her painting. "I forgot my signature..." She picks up a sharpie and does a dainty signature in the bottom corner.

Taehyung wraps his arms around her waist. "I think you'd look cute in your glasses. I want to see you in them."

Irene grins. "I'll wear them tomorrow."

"Do you want me to pick you up for school?"

"Sure."

"Can I watch you do your makeup? It's really calming."

She looks over her shoulder. "Sure."

Taehyung stares at her lips. "I know we said no kissing, but–"

"It's okay."

Tae leans in and kisses her. "You're really pretty."

She blushes again.

-