24

Jimin is barely able to drag himself to school the next day. None of the texts he sent to Jungkook went through, so he probably blocked him.

He curses himself for not seeing it coming. What did he expect from a lacrosse boy who's friends with Taehyung? He probably faked all of it just to get a hand job.

And now he's done with Jimin.

He's cast him aside.

He probably lied about only sleeping with one person. He probably said that just to make Jimin comfortable enough to do something with him.

Jimin passes by Jungkook in the hall and he doesn't even acknowledge him. The pain in his heart just gets worse. He shouldn't have given Jungkook a second chance. 

-

It continues like this for the whole week. Jungkook pretends like Jimin doesn't exist and Jimin cries himself to sleep on Wednesday and Thursday. 

He goes back to being the shy kid he always was.

Until... Irene approaches him that Friday. 

"Hey... I don't know your name, but I just wanted to say thank you for helping me at the football game and everything." Jimin grins. "My name's Jimin, and no problem. I'm actually a hypocrite. Jungkook just did the same thing to me."

She pouts and gives him a hug. "I'm sorry... How about this, we go to the homecoming as friends and dance our worries away."

"I kind of hate social events–"

"Make an exception. Let's forget those assholes and just have a fun time."

"Do you think they're going?"

"Probably, but not with anyone. Jungkook and Taehyung aren't people who would have 'dates'."

"Then we can just avoid them. I think I have a navy blue tux from some stupid wedding that I can wear."

"Great. Do you want me to pick you up?"

"Sure. When is it?"

"Tonight in the gym at 7."

"Cool. When will you pick me up?"

"Probably around 6:30. Here, let me give you my number."

-

ThEy DoNt Go WiTh DaTeS