Chapter 25

Lillys POV

The time has come to meet the Royal Moon Pack. With the new threat looming overhead, we need to inform this pack of the danger.

They are only two states over so Jaxson, me, and head warrior Nathan decide to run there. We all shift into our wolf forms after tying our clothes to our ankles.

I run beside Jaxson and Nathan is on the other side of me. Jaxson lock eyes with me and nods forward. Understanding what he's saying, I speed up. Soon, we are racing through the trees, Nathan struggling to match our pace. I look back at Jaxson and see him slightly behind me, turns out I'm faster than him.

After a long run, we make it to the Royal Moon Pack. Some of their pack members escort us back to their pack house.

When we reach the pack house, I look up and see what seems to be a castle! It's massive and white, with golden details. It looks to be about 6 stories tall, but very wide. We shift back and quickly get dressed and are escorted to the meeting room.

I look all around me, the beautiful hallways with expensive looking vases. I notice a painted picture on the wall, of the royal family. There is the alpha female, the alpha, and a baby with short light brown hair and blue eyes. I never knew they had an heir, I thought Jaxson said they didn't?

We reach the Alpha's office and the pack member knocks. There is a quiet but powerful, "Come in!"

I walk in and my eyes widen. The Alpha has dark brown hair and blue eyes while the Alpha female has blonde hair and hazel eyes. Their baby looks like the perfect mix of them.

Their eyes also widen, taking me in. I'm short compared to them, standing at 5'2 with them at probably 6'0. Their pack member leaves us alone and Jaxson stands in front of me protectively. Nathan stands outside the door, guarding the room.

"Hello, Alpha Jaxson. My name is Harold Woods, and this is my mate, Isabelle Woods. It's nice to finally meet you. And who might you be?" He asks politely shaking Jaxson's hand and then reaching his hand out for mine.

I look at the hand, confused. What am I supposed to with it? I try to copy what Jaxson did, probably doing it wrong.

"I-I'm Lilly! You're r-really pretty!" I direct towards Alpha Isabelle. Her blonde hair flows down in waves and her beautiful hazel eyes shine brightly.

She laughs gently and says, "Thank you, Lilly! You are very pretty yourself."

I blush a deep red and stutter out a thank you. I look up and I see Alpha Harold and Alpha Isabelle staring at each other, seemingly silently communicating. They turn back to us with bright smiles and motion us to sit down.

Jaxson sits in one chair and I sit in the other. He grabs a hold of one of my hands and rubs it gently with his thumb, knowing that soothes my nerves a little.

Jaxson is the one to speak up first, "We had a run in with Lilly's parents, the rogues that are targeting both of us. They wanted Lilly to send you guys a message, to say hi to you and that they had fun stealing from you. They said they would be after both of our packs."

Both Alpha Harold and Alpha Isabelle gasp and turn to lock eyes. They quickly look to me and their eyes soften.

Jaxson questions, "What did they steal from you? I have a feeling that you want it back and we are willing to help you. We also need to come up with strategies and a plan to combat this threat."

Alpha Harold looks at his mate and back to Jaxson. "We will be able to find what they stole from us, don't worry. We have an idea of where it is. How about we discuss strategies while Isabelle takes Lilly for some tea?"

Jaxson looks to me for approval, and feeling a strange bond with Alpha Isabelle, I nod.

Isabelle gets up and motions for me to follow. I follow her out of the study and she nods to Nathan who is still standing, guarding the door. We walk to what seems like a nursery.

I look around confused, I thought we were going to go get tea?

Isabelle walks over to a jewelry box, and pulls out a gorgeous necklace that has a white rock with rainbow iridescent pieces. It's absolutely beautiful.

She explains, "This is a moonstone necklace. The moonstone was made especially for my family, to show our connection to the Moon Goddess. When someone in our family puts it on, it glows a bright white."

She slowly and carefully steps behind me and hangs the rock on my chest. I hear a click of a clasp and she soon lets go and steps back in front of me.

She stares at the necklace, while I'm so confused. What is she expecting to happen?

After a minute nothing happens. Isabelle's face falls and water quickly gathers in her eyes. She turns away, probably to hide her tears.

As soon as she turns her back, I gasp. I feel a power within me that I've never felt before. Hearing my gasp, Isabelle turns around and looks at the glowing necklace.

"Oh my Goddess." Her eyes quickly glaze over and soon rushes in Alpha Harold with Jaxson. Harold looks at the glowing necklace and tears flood his eyes and stream down his cheeks. He quickly rushes to Isabelle and pulls her into a tight hug, both of them looking at me while doing so.

They separate and step closer to me. I feel a bond with them that I've never felt with my adoptive parents. Why?

"Oh honey. I'm so sorry they stole you from us. I wish we could give you the childhood you deserved." Isabelle says with emotion clear in her voice. Her eyes are full of sadness but also hope.

Jaxson, understanding what is going on, gasps and looks at me with wonder in his eyes. Love is also showing clearly.

I look between them all, not understanding. Why would the necklace glow when I put it on?

"Lilly, you are our daughter."