Chapter 3

Jaxson's POV

I take in her disheveled form, admiring her natural beauty. Her tangled hair looks like it hasn't ever been brushed and her parted lips are cracked because of the winter weather approaching. Her pale skin is practically glowing in the moonlight. She is so beautiful and I couldn't thank the Moon Goddess enough for blessing me with her.

I quickly pick her up with intent to bring her to the pack house. I need to get her to the pack doctor, and fast. She was rapidly losing blood and getting paler by the minute. I was worried for my little mate, and I need her to be safe. All I want is to care and protect her for the rest of her life, but it's hard to do while carrying her limp body.

I mind link the pack doctor to get a room ready, wanting to get medical attention as fast as possible. I hear my little mate whimper, but it doesn't seem like she is waking up. When she whimpered, her adorable face scrunched up in pain. I wish I could take away all her pain.

As I arrive at the pack hospital, I see the doctor rush out of it to meet my mate and I. She quickly ushers us to the prepared room, and I softly lay my precious mate on the bed.

"Alpha, what happened?" Doctor Lindsay asked worriedly, already caring for her Luna.

"I found her like this in the forest. She passed out quickly after I arrived. Please help her, she is my mate." I hurriedly respond, hoping to get my mate help as soon as possible.

"Of course, Alpha. Please step out of the room so I can examine her," she urges.

"No, I must stay with my mate! I will not leave her." I command.

Doctor Lindsay gives me a look that says 'get out or I will make you.' Knowing she only means well and wants what's best for her Luna, I walk out of the room.

While the doctor is giving my mate the exam, I pace up and down the hallway, not being able to deal with being away from her for so long. After what felt like a long time, but was probably 30 minutes, she called me back into the glaringly white hospital room.

I immediately looked at my mate. She now had bandages on her arms and knees. Now that I could see her face, I can see a bruise on her left cheek. I wondered angrily who did this to her.

Doctor Lindsay started off with saying "I have good news and bad news."

Preparing myself for the worst, I gestured for her to continue.

"The cuts caused all the blood that you saw. I cleaned up her arms and knees and found glass in her skin. I removed all the glass and sterilized the area because she could have been exposed to bacteria." She then continued after taking a deep breath. "The bad news is that she is severely underweight and has bruises covering her whole body. She also has many broken bones that have not healed properly. I don't know how she has gained these bruises and broken bones, but I insist you ask her when she wakes up so you can help."

"Thank you, doctor, anything else?" I inquire.

"No Alpha. Please monitor her weight and return within the next few weeks for another exam."

And with that, I dismissed her. I reached for a chair so I can sit by my mate's bed. As I sit down, I softly wrap my hand around hers. I then sit and wait for my stunning mate to open her gorgeous blue eyes.