Chapter 32

Lilly's POV

I'm sitting in a chair in an empty room. The room has concrete walls and concrete floors. My 'parents' come in hourly, giving me beating after beating. One thing that will haunt my dreams is when my 'dad' said, "Finally, I can punish you for running away."

My 'parents' had always warned me about what they would do if I ran away, and now they are keeping their promises. They are torturing me like they never have before. Beating me within an inch of my life, letting me heal for an hour, and then doing it all over again. All of the pain they inflict is no where near the pain I feel from being away from Jaxson. I feel an aching in my chest, that feels like my heart is being squeezed. I miss him so much it hurts.

My face is aching from the abuse it has taken. My arms have a lingering stinging pain. Once they heal, my 'parents' just cut me again.

My 'dad' walks in, a sinister smirk on his face. I have a feeling he has something painful planned.

He unchains me from the chair, that had begun to feel quite uncomfortable. I don't have enough energy to walk myself, so he drags me over to chains that are hanging from the ceiling. I hadn't seen those before. He picks me up with a grunt and locks my wrists in the shackles. When I'm hanging off the ground, my toes barely touching, he goes to the dark corner of the room. He comes back with a whip that has spikes coming out of it. I gasp, imagining the pain that it will cause.

Seeing my fear, Robert smiles, truly happy with my pain. He stands behind me, I can no longer see him. All I have for warning is the crack of the whip, then it hits my back. The first crack, I don't feel any pain. I just feel a numb burning and my blood trickling down my back. The second crack, however, I feel every bit of pain. It's like my body was shocked into awareness the second it hit my skin. I feel each individual spike leaving their own cuts into my back. I try not to scream, but I can't hold it back. Tears fall by themselves, my throat aching from the scream that leaves my mouth.

This excruciating pain goes on until my back is littered with whip marks, my blood pooling at my feet. When he's done with my back, he walks in front of me until his face is in mine. I can smell his rotting breath against my face. He smiles a deadly smile, reaches up to my face, wiping away a stray tear. He then proceeds to laugh. Confused, I tilt my head, not understanding the joke.

"I can't believe you actually thought we were your parents. We treated you horribly, yet you still listened to every word we said. How pathetic of you," he spits, saliva flying in my face. My hands are chained, I can't wipe it off.

I let out a smile, I truly think I've lost my sanity. My smile grows bigger and I start laughing too. I laugh until all I can let out are giggles. "I can't b-believe I actually thought you were my p-parents. I never knew what a f-family was like so I thought what you were doing was n-normal. Sure, it was pathetic. But what also was p-pathetic was stealing someone's daughter and then a-abusing her," I spit fight back at him. Out of breath after my speech, I fall limp to the chains, my shoulders aching from the position.

Robert scoffs but has nothing to say back to that. He hits me in the face one more time, making my head jerk to the side. He then stalks out of the cold, empty room, leaving me alone.

Jaxson's POV

I'm out with my trackers, trying to catch her scent. We follow it down south, so my guess is they passed through South Carolina.

I contact the pack down there, the Mystic Shadow Pack. Their Alpha has been searching for his mate since he turned 16, and he is now 24. Im glad I found Lilly sooner rather than later.

I call Calvin Reed, the Alpha, and hear him pick up the phone, "Alpha Calvin Reed here, who am I speaking to?"

I respond quickly, "This is Alpha Jaxson Steele, I was wondering if you had noticed any rogues crossing your lands or at the borders? My mate was taken."

"No I have not but I will let you know if I do," he states concisely. I say a quick goodbye and then hang up. I let out a deep sigh, not liking the news. The pain in my chest is getting worse the longer I'm without Lilly.

***

It's been a week. One whole week. I can feel Lilly getting tortured and I can't do anything about it. They must be pumping her with wolf's bane because I can't get in contact with her wolf either.

I get a phone call, and I rush as fast as I can to the phone. I've been waiting for packs to call back about rogue sightings.

"Alpha Jaxson Steele, who is this?"

"Hey, Alpha Jaxson, it's Calvin Reed. We have had rogue sightings along our Northern border. They are close but not too close, the perfect hiding spot. I think they may have your mate," he says quickly, sounding worried for Lilly.

He gives me the information of the location and I set up a team of warriors to help me get her back. The Mystic Shadow Pack has promised warriors to help battle the rogues.

Time to get my little mate back.