Chapter 20

Lilly's POV

After Jaxson and I had our talk last night, we kissed each other then went to bed. I can't believe we kissed! I didn't know what it was but it felt so good! I learned it was called a kiss and now it's all I want to do!

Today I'm supposed to get a tour of the pack house with Cara and Lana! I can't wait to hang out with them, my first friends!

I piggy back ride on Cara's back down the stairs, since Jaxson is in his office doing Alpha duties. He said, "Bye, have fun!" before giving me a light kiss. Lana and Cara awwww'ed before dragging me to the stairs.

They show me the pack kid playroom, video game room, and bar. I stay far away from the drinks and people at the bar, knowing people who drink get mad easily.

They also show the pack gym. The room is huge, full of punching bags and weights. There are massive weighted medicine balls. I see Nathan and Brett sparing. They are going at each other, but are still laughing.

"Th-they f-fighting?" I ask, confused why they are laughing while fighting.

"Yes, they are play fighting, which means they are just practicing for a real fight. They both have to be prepared for rogues at anytime, so they practice together a lot," Cara explains.

Lana also mentions, "Our mates also fake fight a lot, since they are Beta and Gamma."

Ohhhh. Realization dawns on my face. They are just playing! Like a game!

They soon lead me to a room that has a huge body of water in it. I ask "I-indoor lake?"

They chuckle lightly but then Lana responds softly, "No, it's a pool. You go swimming in it."

"I don't k-know how to s-swim... Can w-we go swimming? I ask, the water looking inviting. I remember that I don't know how to swim and that Jaxson was going to teach me at the lake before I passed out.

Cara's eyes go out of focus, and soon responds with, "I just asked Alpha Jaxson and he said yes! He just wants to finish up his work quickly!"

We go back up the stairs, Lana now carrying me on her back. They drop me off at our room and then retreat to go get ready to swim.

I walk in and see Jaxson just in some swim trunks. He must have finished his work and changed quickly. He helps me find a bathing suit, Lana and Cara having shopped for me, and I put it on as he turns away.

We go back to the the pool and the girls aren't done changing. I hear Jaxson say, "Let me go get some towels real quick, and I'll be right back."

As soon as he leaves, the pool door opens and in walks Madison. Politely, I say, "H-hi Madison."

She responds meanly with, "Still a stuttering freak, I see. How about you go for a swim."

I look up at her with a confused face, only to see her pushing me into the deep end of the pool.

I try to swim up, only to sink faster. I look up through the chlorine filled water to see a smirking Madison who just walks away. The chlorine burns my eyes so I shut them quickly. I can't breathe.

My lungs burn, wanting air badly. I can't take it anymore and as I'm on the brink of passing out, I breathe in a lungful of water.