Chapter 17

Lilly's POV

Two weeks have passed since I've woken up. And Jaxson and I have exchanged "I love you"'s. I think I know what that means. It means that you would do anything for the person you love. You feel the sparks and the urge to protect them no matter what. I love Jaxson.

After having that revelation, I let him know. He knows that I love him and that makes this relationship so much scarier. He could stop liking me at anytime, and I'd still be in love with him. It would hurt so bad, I don't think I could handle it.

I'm currently laying awake, early in the morning. I couldn't sleep after realizing how vulnerable I am now. He has my heart and now it's his choice what he does with it.

I see the sun rising through the window, the sky making a pretty mix of colors.

"Good morning, my little mate." Jaxson scares me by saying this, in his raspy morning voice. I wasn't expecting him to be up at a time like this.

"M-morning! L-look at pretty s-sky!" I push my nerves aside about our relationship and try to act like my old self.

"It's very pretty! But what is bothering you? I saw you thinking for long time, what is up in that pretty little head of yours?" He asks, full of concern.

Having no reason to lie, he's given me every reason to trust him, I say, "I s-scared. I-I said 'I love you'... W-what if y-you hurt... me n-now?"

His face is full of shock, not expecting that. "I promised that I would never hurt you, and nothing has changed. I get that things have changed, but I'm hoping it's for the better. I said 'I love you' too. That means I care for you just as much as you care for me. I could never hurt you, you mean too much to me."

Understanding what he said, I say full of hope for the future, "O-okay. I b-believe... you."

"I'm happy! How about go outside and watch the sunrise? We can see all the pretty colors change," he suggests.

"Okay! L-let's go!" I say excitedly, not wanting to miss the sunrise.

We head outside, into the the pack's large backyard, and lay down on the grass. We huddle close together, the morning air causing some chills. Jaxson lays on his back looking up at the sky while I snuggle into his neck, loving the warmth that I find there.

The sun rises and we watch it in awe. I've never seen something so beautiful, other than Jaxson. This is a close second. I've never had the luxury of windows or going outside so I've never seen it before. I think Jaxson can tell because my face says it all. He doesn't look at it with as much wonder as I do. He's probably seen a million sunrises.

Once the sunrise is over, we keep laying there, enjoying each other's warmth. The pack members start getting up and doing chores. I see some ladies doing laundry, and I see some men and women shifting, then running out into the woods.

Jaxson explains, "That's the patrol shifts changing. Some pack members have to stay up all night to patrol our borders to make sure no rogues come into pack lands. They switch shifts so they can sleep."

That makes sense. I would hate doing night patrol shifts. I hope he doesn't make me do that!

Cara walks out of the pack house, hand-in-hand with Marcus. Cara spots us laying on the ground and runs over quickly. "Hi Alpha! Hi Luna! Did you guys have a good morning?"

"Y-yes! We w-watched sunrise! And p-please call m-me Lilly!" I respond happily.

"Of course, Lilly! And I can't wait to start teaching you! It's going to be so much fun!" She says excitedly.

"T-teaching me?" I ask, confused.

"Yes, Lilly. I'm going to have Cara teach you some basic things you would have learned in school. Cara wants to be a teacher so this would be great practice. Sorry I didn't ask you first." Jaxson hangs his head in shame. Why does he think I would be mad? He only cares about helping me!

"Jaxson, I n-no mad. You w-want what be-best for me," I say soothingly, jumping to hug him.

"I'm glad little mate, how about you guys start now? I'm sure you've been bored doing nothing these last two weeks."

I've been a little bored, but only when Jaxson has Alpha duties. I usually sit with him while he does loads of paperwork.

"Ahhh I can't wait! Let's go Lilly!" Cara jumps up and down excitedly. She grabs my hand and drags me away from Jaxson. Marcus is sending me a sympathetic smile. Jaxson is slyly laughing.

I stick my tongue out at him as I'm dragged away.

Hi guys! Thank you so much for 1k views! I screamed when I saw! And now we have 3k views?! That's insane! Thank you guys so much! Im so grateful for all the votes and reads! Even if you're a silent reader, I appreciate you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Every comment and vote is appreciated!