Chapter 12

Jaxson's POV

I'm carrying Lilly's beautiful black wolf. She has white spots on her ears and paws. She looks just like a puppy with her size; she is tiny for a wolf. She has gorgeous silver eyes in her wolf form, and she is easily the most beautiful wolf I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot. I've seen a lot of wolves.

Carrying her to the pack doctor was an easy feat. She is so light; it is concerning. She wouldn't have had to shifted to save me if my reinforcements came on time.

Marcus mind linked me to let me know rogues attacked our pack house. How they got this far into the territory, I don't know. All I know is that Lilly's father is a rogue and is working for them.

Arriving at the pack doctor, Doctor Lindsay is already ready for us. There are minor injuries from the attack at the pack house, but it seems like it was just a distraction so they could target Lilly and I.

I sit Lilly's wolf form on the bed and say, "She just transformed into her wolf to save me, but she is still severely underweight. Is she okay? She couldn't walk anymore."

Doctor Lindsay responds, "Her wolf felt so strongly that she needed to protect you she forced a shift on Lilly, even though her body couldn't handle it. Her wolf form is weak, so she won't be able to transform back into her human form until she grows stronger."

She continues to inform us that through the mate bond, we can mind link.

I mind link Lilly, "Testing, testing, can you hear me?"

I hear, "You s-silly!" Guess the mind link works.

Doctor Lindsay recommends raw meat for her wolf form to help her grow stronger, but her normal meals are okay for one meal a day. Sounds like we are going hunting sometime soon.

I pick Lilly up again and I'm on the way to our room. The pack house has rooms destroyed, people scattered throughout hugging their families and whispering prayers. It is so hard to see my pack like this. We are a strong pack, so they are just a little startled.

I make it up to my room. I sit Lilly on the bed, saying, "Please sleep, little mate. You tired yourself out saving me, thank you. You scared me when you were shifting, but you saved my life. I can never repay you."

I hear her mind link, "You silly! You no h-have to r-repay me. We mates! That... e-enough!"

"That means a lot to me sweetheart, thank you. Get some sleep, goodnight."

"Goodnight!" She replies.

Walking out of the room once she falls asleep, I make my way to my office and mind link Marcus and my head warrior, Nathan, to meet me. Nathan is a big softie and is huge.

They meet me in my office, I intend to come up with a strategy to beat these rogues.

"It seems that the rogues are targeting us because of your Luna. We must do everything in our power to protect her and the pack. Any plans to help protect our people?" I inquire, wanting to hear their ideas.

Nathan speaks up, "They infiltrated when the patrol was switching shifts, so they must know our patterns. We should add more patrol and change up the schedule. Only a few people should know it." He seems to have been thinking about this deeply, trying to figure out their plan.

"How would they know our schedule?" Marcus asks.

I answer, "I think we have a traitor in our midst."