Chapter 13

Lilly's POV

Jaxson brought me up to our room and waited with me to fall asleep. When I woke up he was no longer there. Confused, I try to stand on the bed. It's difficult because of the soft mattress. My paws are shaky and it's hard to balance.

I'm able to make my way to the floor and to the open door, Jaxson realizing I wouldn't be able to open one.

I leave the room and stumble down the stairs, still weak. The dark wooden stairs really complement the modern yet rustic look of this house.

On the search for food, I go to the kitchen, expecting it to be empty like usual. To my surprise, there is a group of girls huddled together at the table. With my head tilted, I slowly try to walk towards them in question.

The girl who is sitting in the middle of the group, looks my way and everyone quiets down. They are all staring at me, making me feel like a disgrace. I shouldn't be here! I didn't have permission to leave our room! What if he gets mad? Bad things happen when people get mad.

Turning to leave up to my room, I hear the girl in the middle say, "Leaving so soon, mutt?" with a chuckle, flipping her dark hair over her shoulder. Her brown eyes stare right into mine and I quickly lower my eyes, not wanting her to get mad.

All her friends laugh at her name calling, which I don't understand. I'm not a mutt, I'm a werewolf like everyone here.

I want to get out of there as quick as I can, not liking this girls attitude. I scurry on my weak legs, cowering back towards the stairs.

"I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Madison."

I don't like Madison. She gets up and starts to walk closer to me, caging me in between her and the stairs.

"My guess is you are the rogue that stole my man, so let me just say, watch your back. No one likes you and you will be a terrible Luna. Our people will not follow yo-"

"Madison, shut up and stop disrespecting your Luna. If I hear you talk to Lilly like that again, you will be tried for treason." Thank you, Jaxson. You just saved me from dealing with this bitch. That's one word I learned from my mother. That was her favorite name for me.

Madison rolls her eyes and stalks off, not before giving me a death glare, probably because she got in trouble. The rest of her friends leave with her.

Jaxson turns to me, then urges me towards him with his hands, "Come here little one, the mean girl is gone now." Still a little shaken up from that encounter, I slowly and warily go to him. I put my muzzle into the crook of his neck, wanting comfort from my mate. His touch soothes me and makes me feel better. He puts his arms around me and we just sit there.

What if what she said was true? What if no one likes me? What if they think I'm stupid? I'm scared to be Luna.

We sit there, hugging for a good 20 minutes until a lady walks into the kitchen. She has brown hair and the same green eyes as Jaxson.

"Who is this little lady? Don't tell me that you found your mate and didn't tell your Dad and I! Oh I have so much to tell you about him as a baby!" The lady exclaims, exasperated.

"Mom, don't embarrass me," Jaxson says, blushing vividly.

"You c-cute when you... b-blush!" I let him know, after realizing how adorable he is.

He turns to me, and looks at me with adoration in his eyes. He doesn't say anything, but his eyes say it all.

"Mom, meet Lilly, my mate. She can't shift back due to shifting too early to protect me," He introduces.

"Hi Lilly! Thank you for protecting my son, I owe you. You will be an amazing daughter-in-law."

"Tell h-her I say t-thank you! S-she seems... n-nice!" I tell Jaxson through mindlink.

After relaying my message, Jaxson's mom says a loud, "Awwww, I love you already! My name is Serena! I can't wait to get to know you."

I tell Jaxson to tell her "I can't w-wait to... get to k-know you!" But without the stutters of course.

Once Jaxson's mom left after a quick goodbye, he fixed me some yummy pancakes! Plus some eggs and bacon for some protein that I need.

"Once you get your strength up, we are going hunting together. I think it will be a good way to help you get stronger, while training your wolf how to provide for yourself."

"W-what is... h-hunting?" I question, being confused. Why can't I just eat pancakes for every meal?

"It is when you kill an animal yourself to eat. We will go hunting in our wolf form, and track an animal. Sounds fun, right?" He explains.

"S-sounds... sad."

"Your wolf has a strong prey drive so you should enjoy it enough, even though it's a little messy," he clarifies.

"F-fun..."