Chapter 28: Grim Discovery

It did not take long for you to wipe out the large group of bandits and as you sit down on a pile of corpses you stare at your sword for a few seconds and then turn to the large fancy building which towards over the others.

(Y/n):.......

You tighten the grip of your sword and get yourself up.

(Y/n): I'm coming for you kenny!

You take off in a furious sprint as you speed through the streets of the town and dash towards the large building were kenny is hold out.

But while you are making your way to the building a certain other member of your crew with her group has sneaked her way to the building.

(Group member 1): Selena maybe we should wait for the others.

(Group member 2): Yeah we don't know what could be in there.

(Group member 3): Yeah and we should make sure the people we saved did not run into more bandits.

Selena stops and stands there thinking for a bit until she fully turns to her group with a serious look on her face.

(Selena): I know but with the bandits focused on what is happening around town this would be the best time to get rid of their leader since his main commanders should be out fighting the crew.

(Group member 2): I still don't think we should do this.

(Selena): You can stay out here if you want but I am going in.

Selena slowly opens one of the two large doors of the building and makes her way in and leaves her group to look at each other in wonder of what they should do.

(Group member 1): (sigh) We should follow her just in case she gets into serious trouble.

(Group member 2): Yeah.

They all quickly go into the building with the last member look around just in case someone sees them and she then slowly closes the front door and follow after selena who is walking in the middle of a hallway with a very tall ceiling and lots of fancy looking stuff around the hall.

(Selena): (looks around a bit) I had a feeling you would follow me in the end.

(Crew member 4): Only to make sure you don't do anything stupid.

(Selena): Hey I am not that stupid!

(Crew member 3): You are walking into the enemies bases with no real muscle to help you and you don't know anything about the area......yeah that is pretty bloody stupid.

Selena just pouts at her group as they look at her with crossed arms and raised eyebrows.

(Selena): Okay okay this is quite stupid but I want to help the people of this town by freeing them from his monster.

Selena continues to walk down the hallway with her sword and gun drawn.

(Selena): Now let's go and save this town.

Her group sighs for a second but then smiles as they also draw there weapons.

(Selena's group): Right!

Selena and her group make there way through the hallway while also looking into doors they come across with so far just being normal bedrooms and one large kitchen and the group eventually gets too a large staircase to which they instantly run up it to the top and look around.

(Selena): This must be the floor this kenny person is hiding at.

(Group Member 2): Should we separate?

(Selena): No it would be best that we stick together just in case.

(Group member 2): Okay.

The girls slowly walk around the second floor with one of the girls looking out from a balcony at the town while another one heads over to a door and slowly opens it but as she looks into the room her eyes widen in shock as she lets out a scream which make her group look over to her and run over to her.

(Selena): What's wrong!

The girl holds her mouth as she tires not to puke which makes selena curious to why she is acting like that so she slowly walks over to the door and slowly makes her way in and just as she looks down at the ground of the room her slowly widen as what she sees shocks her to her core as what lays on the floor of the ground.............is the bodies of a man and a woman...........

(Selena): !

Just as she sees the bodies a loud crash is heard as you knock down the entrance to the building and just as you run in you hear selena scream at the top of her lungs from upstairs which makes you top dead in your tracks and look upward with widen eyes.

(Y/n's mind): That's selena! but what's she doing here!?

You take out your sword and run down the hallway at top speed.

(Y/n's mind): Hang on selena i'm on my way!

(A/n): Done and done sorry this chapter was a little shorter than usual but I wanted to get this one out now since I will be busy tomorrow and I don't want to have to keep you guys waiting and just a little heads up this mini-arc will be coming to a close soon and I hope you enjoyed this chapter and continue working on this book in a couple of days.