Chapter Five

Its was time to pick team mates but the funny thing is the commander was the one pairing.

It was tragic when my name called along side Conners. This must be a trick or even one big joke but no it's serious so I shallow everything back down.

Putting up my strong front and walked up to him like the man I am

Get it;)

"Hey listen you don't like me and surely you did nothing for me to hate you sso let's put that aside and let's win this." I said sincerely looking him in his eyes but the only response I get was a scoff, then he walked off heading towards the forest.

That's progress right there.

I followed quietly behind him not in any mood to be talking. My mind keeps going on the fact that I was actually here and my make over is actually working.

Well my hair needs some work.

Lost in my thoughts i didn't realize Conner had stopped until I walked straight into his hard back.

He looked pissed and annoyed for what reason I don't know.

"Do you hear that." He said brushing me off as he whispered his words. I open my ears to hear the surroundings but heard noting.

"Maybe it's the others." I whispered speaking my opinion.

He just gave me annoyed look, he continued his journey.

Just than a howl was sounded.

It scared me but that didn't sound near. He pauses for a sec, maybe wondering what else to do.

My instincts kick in.

"Hey we can't rest now, knowing the others they might find this as an opportunity to sleep." He only nodded not even looking in my direction.

I started to think if I was that bald headed commander where would I hide a red flag.

I started to look for a path anything that can reveal footsteps and I did find it, there is a path with the hardest pattern of stone if you were an idiot you couldn't find it.

Guess Conner fit that part.

"Hey look at this." I yelled a little since he was a little far away but before he could reach where I was a rope snapped and suddenly a net appeared.

Conner was in the tree in a net.

I ran over towards him, it's a trap those buckle heads set traps.

Conner didn't scream or anything he only waved down at me "A little help please." Oh I see begin fearless I see.

I look around for any sharp object maybe a sharp rock could help.

It then occurred to me.

The test is about survival.

I shook my head I didn't sign up for what but whatever I didn't even know what I signed up for.

I took up a simple rock it wasn't sharp but I took another one and knocked them together to break it.

I almost cut my hand but eventually it worked.

I climb the tree getting to a perfect angle without hurting myself.

"This is gonna me as much as it hurts you." I said steadily cutting the rope, he only scoffs this rude pathetic man.

I sigh still cutting the rope.

Without warning it snaps. He was pretty high up so when I heard the thud a ghostly smirk played on my lips.

"I lied." I whispered.

He held his arm a little but other than that he was okay.

And surprising he held up a red flag, I almost scream in glee but I played it cool.

The first flag, who would have thought." I say lazily acting like I don't care when clearly inside I'm excited.

Let the games begin.

♤♤♤

We walk on for hours after that little incident I'm more cautious of where we are stepping.

I was hoping for a thank you from Conner but no he just being the sissy bitch he is.

If anything the moon helped me it was so high up like it is being my Guardian angel.

"Do you hear that?." Conner stops in his tracks it was a rushing of water. Oh sweet a river was near by.

We were still on the path of the little peddles, they can't can't out smart us.

We walk closer to the sound and there it is a river but it's currents were going all over the place.

"It's not safe got to find another path." he said looking around.

No shit Sherlock

I was about to look around for another path when a howl sounded near by.

I didn't dare look behind me, the look on Connor's face told me everything.

We Were in trouble