Chapter Ten

It was the type of training build base on fear and heart attacks.

I look around Jackson was smiling like an idiot maybe at how everyone was. And Connor being the dirtbag he is was being annoyed.

I swear that guy has a problem.

"Alright men we gonna do this right and by that I mean pairs will be going down." He said although we barely hear due to the insane winds blowing out there.

"And guys enjoy." That creepy smile was back which causes my skin to shiver.

Although the commander never say it all the guys went back to who they were paired with before.

And now I have to be with Connor although after what we been through he felt much better to hang around.

We were all organized and General was telling us how to work the parachute and our landing.

Seems oddly enough that some were shaking and the rest looked like they did this before.

One by one they went, prayer was sent before they jumped and honestly I'm praying more than ever.

Soon it was our time to jump, Connor being the bastard jumped first. I steady myself remembering the words of the Sergeant strangely enough.

I guess the Commander didn't like me stalling so he kicked me out.

I scream for mercy.

Connor was way ahead of me, but when I saw him struggling with his parachute, I knew something was wrong.

I was startled but without thinking I race against the wind to get to him.

I saw the struggles and god knows I reach him just in time pulling out my parachute.

He hanged on to me for dear life. I felt how fast his heart was beating. I couldn't say a thing I was frozen, this could have happen to me.

We landed and life was on a string, Connor didn't move while the others ran to us.

Connor moved away from me comeing to stand. The others say to us if we were ok, but mainly to Connor.

I didn't know what happened but shock over come me.

I just beat my fear.

Although it wasn't what I expected but inside I'm dancing.

I couldn't help but find Connor hands shaking everything he made a fist. We were back at camp, the commander was having a discussion with the General and Sergeant.

I exhale knowing it might be an accident or maybe not so Accidental.

I may not be a certified detective but I consider myself one. Born into a broken family, I chose to distract myself with old detective movies.

''I sincerely apologize." He said making his way over to us while taking his hat off.

"That was a miss calculation and I apologize." I saw the sad look in the commander's eyes when he said that.

But Connor only looked at the ground with anger.

"Could you leave us alone please." The commander said.

And before we got far enough we heard the shouts. Strangely I think they know each ofter.

"Damn this is serious, the guy could have died." Some of the guys said, I sat silently thinking of my own prediction.

"Wait what if it could happen to one of us plus it might happen to anyone." Jackson freaked out but he got a point one of us could have died. I sighed not fully well of what happened, the guys continue to chatter.

"If it wasn't for Matt I don't know what would of happen." One of the guys said, then the attention turned to me, which I didn't want.

I lay there silence overtook everyone, the culprit none other than Connor.

The atmosphere one of concern to one of strain.

Connor came into the bunker with bloody fists, he looked beyond pissed.

No one spoked, no one had to look on Connor's face already shut us up.

The look of Murder.

He rushes passed us towards the bathroom.

Even after his exited the room remained silent.

Everyone avoided the conversation, getting to bed while I sat in my thoughts even after the lights went out, I just sat there.

I heard the howl's it's storm, the sound ringing out to me as a calling but I'm frozen, my thoughts even after what happened a few hours ago rang in my head.

Why couldn't everything was different from the time of my birth up til now.

What if my parents wasn't like this, may be I wouldn't be here now.

What if just what if .

I think I'm going insane from all this the realization hit me.

So hard I almost choke on a sob.

I got up slowly making my out of the door. The cold immediately greeted me, but I didn't care all I felt was numb.

Broken

And soulless

I walk slowly to the sound of the howls. I don't know why but I wanted to.

I saw storm running towards the Sergeant while he sits on a big rock, he throws a ball while storm went after it.

I sat a far from the Sergeant and storm watching in silence.

He smoked a cigarette while the wind blew it in all directions. He looked in through one of concentration.

He looked se perfected, like an untouched flower or a perfectly baked pie that just came from the oven.

Shush Matt your gay is showing.

I felt the heat making its self own on my face.

I began to look back over to him. Only to find him already looking.

Although it was dark I felt cheeks increases in temperature.

I don't know where all this is coming from must be my hormones.

I exhale the cold making itself on my skin or maybe it was the Sergeant still staring.

He got up heading towards me, I know my heart was somewhere at the rate it was beating.

What was happening to me?.

Storm ran behind him barking as he did, I smiled when storm tackled me to the ground my scream of joy nearly escaping.

"What are you doing out here." He said standing tall in front of him while storm lickes my face.

He towers over me, intimidating me to answer his question. I slowly stood up feeling more calmer than I was before with storm standing between us.

"I actually came to clear my head." I had to tell him knowing it was after hours now which means if the commander sees me I'll be punished.

The Sergeant looked at me closely.

"Your a girl aren't you." He said suspicion clear in his tone. I on the ofter hand stood there frozen, my heart going our my mouth.

I'm so busted.