Chapter Twenty Five

Now today is the day, I'm awfully tense at the situation. Our commander is not guiding us today, the General Grey guy said he had to deal with a family emergency.

I wonder what could have happen, but knowing this man for a short while he's capable of anything.

He gave us all a stern look, but when he gave me a look I couldn't keep the gaze. He seriously gave me the creeps, but that didn't stop him from giving me a creepy smile.

I acknowledge the way he twirled a batton in his hand as he walked passed each and every one of us, he didn't speak oh no his eyes were the only thing telling us words.

Like disgusted.

I shivered

But it was international.

"Let's get this test over with." He said boredly as he stopped and walked over tot he test grounds.

I saw the war features all layed out this was the real thing now, we are supposed to go in war the definition of using all the skills we developed from the course of the months.

I took a deep breath closing my eyes as I saw the same group we were to go against it seems we are in the final task of the marine training.

"Well, well rookie here." Jackson said out loud directing his attention on the group. They steadily didn't say a word but that didn't stop Jackson from annoying them.

I almost laugh when Jackson blew a kiss at the group some looked pissed when some were already pissed.

Way to go.....we gonna die.

"It's simply as it seems complete the training groups as a group, the first team back shall be the victor."

How I felt the heat of the moment setting in, loud gulps were heard. It wasn't fair seeing that their commander already knew this and must of trained them back and forth on it.

I search the crowd well the few that was there, I couldn't find him

Damion

No matter what he would be here.

What am I saying I haven't seen him from that day, I sighed trying to focus on the matter at hand.

"Begin." He shouted blowing a whistle to get to the rest.

We started off in a blur, we grabbed weapons that were fill with blanks of course.

Not that kind of party.

Orders were being thrown around, the first obstacle came and honestly it gave a heart attack. The map stated clues little by little,

A paper was taped on it.

"The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am i?."

What dose that even mean.

"Well if I analyzed it good." Jackson said rubbing his chin "My guess is food." He said looking closely at the map as he said that.

"No you idiot, it's footsteps." Connoer shouted from the back.

"How did you know." Jackson said sounding conflicted as he frowned his brows at Connor.

Connor only pointed at the area that had tracks of footstep prints. He casually shakes his head with his hand in his pockets, walking towards us.

I couldn't help but be surprised.

"Well come on then." Frank said leading the pack, we learnt to be careful and not trust hints, so when Frank got caught in a rope it didn't came as a surprise.

He was the clueless of the group forgetting the importance of this whole thing.

Dale walked carefully over pulled out his pocket knife which he used to cut the rope, it sounded like something broke considering the very sound that came from his fall.

May be senses.

We walk on it got tiredsome at a point til we had to camp out, it's true that we needed the rest but what if the other team already reach the second point.

Physically we needed the rest but if we were thinking logically, we needed to get our asses up. If it was the commander he'll knock us back up on our feets.

"Hey we need to keep going." I said standing up it wasn't even dark yet but the sky was changing it's color rapidly.

"I think the fuck not." The Landon dude sounded from his spot on the ground, rolling his eyes at me.

"Attitude like that gets you no where." Jackson sounded just beside me with a small yawn.

A angry growl came from him almost sounding like an animal "you wanna go pretty boy." Dale said coming to stand as he stormed to where Jackson is.

Jackson put up a defence stance, but before they could do anything Connor spoke up.

"Kepp your panties on ladies." Connor shouted from where he sat, with a annoyed expression.

"No need for this sissy fit." He said slightly closing his eyes, Dale let out an angry growled before backing away.

Jackson looked like a totally different person, he changed character from that idiotic form to an angry animal.

I shudder at how he changed his personality.

The singing of the crows could be haerd, it was already day break and honestly the more we walk the more further it seems.

We still haven't seen the next team, but that can't scare us.

"Up ahead." Frank sounded, it was a flag hanging from a tree with a paper tide to it.

"What has hands but cannot clap?." We read out loud.

What's with all the riddles.

"It's an another trick we need to think outside the box." Frank said sounding more confident than the others. It seems to me that the General is playing how at our logical skills are.

I look around "hey be quiet." I shush them, the sound of ticking came and honestly that was scary.

"Holy shit it's a clock." Jackson shouted out.

"But what dose it mean." Landon spoke going closer to the sound.

We follow closely it didn't sit right when the big grandfather clock stood out in the center of the clearing.

We armed ourselves ready for anything at this point.

But has we got closer the 12 o' clock strikes and the impossible happens.

The clock broke on it's own opening to the frame to reveal an arrow pointing to a stream.

The guys follow the path.

If that wasn't werid then what is.

Connor stopped our movements as we heard shouts, it was the other team, they looked conflicted as I they were arguing.

"The best way to approach this is to be silent." Landon said going to a crouch while the others followed.

"Tate we need a sherp shooter." Jackson said in all seriousness after all this was training and we need to take out the enemy team.

"I'm on it."