Chapter Sixteen

The game begin with a rush, it wasn't new to any of us it only felt different.

That General Grey guy was right and I knew it was gonna be a rematch.

I was walking with the others when I saw a figure sitting behind a tree. I slowly approached but the scent of smoke didn't sit well.

To my surprise it was the Sergeant.

He sat blindly not noticing his surroundings, I stood next to him but he didn't move a muscle only the smoke flowing with the wind.

I attempted to clear my throat and that did the trick. He looked up with the cigarette hanging between his lips.

His eyes were stormy as if troubled but authentically it got light up.

I began to back away heading to the groups only to be pulled down. Landing on his lap, wasn't this some messed up shit.

"Hey what are you doing let go." I whispered yelled in the best male voice I could form.

"You know that voice isn't fooling me." He said gently brushing his thumb against my cheek. A light blush was felt on my cheeks, I look away only to be drawn by his light Chuckle.

At this rate my heart couldn't keep calm, he only held me in his lap but yet still it meant no harm until someone saw us that is.

Honestly I wanted to run although he was warm, he reminded me of a teddy but something was off about him.

"I don't know what your talking about sir." I said simply helping myself in a stand but it failed as he held me down.

"Could you go please." I said a little annoyed, this was the same reason I was ignoring him from the start.

He Chuckled i didn't dare look at him but when his Chuckles turn sadly.

I turn silently but he held me in place placing his head in the crook my neck. He didn't say anything only inhaling my scent, I felt his tense body relax.

I thought about how come he is sad and tense, the thought of him staying away from the crowd being in his own crowd

His thoughts.

The loud bell sounded, i know the competition is about to start. But his hand held even more as if mesmerizing the feel, I wanted to ask what's wrong but I against it.

He suddenly releases me when the bell rang a second time. I almost stumble while getting up, he stayed silent when I came to full stand. He didn't seem like his self, what could be wrong with this man.

I began to walk away and he didn't have to say a word, strangely I know he wished me well.

♤♤♤

We stood in a line facing our competitors, this Richard guy looked like a over sized building block, I don't think he can stand straight with all that muscles.

I look at the other guys avoiding the eyes of my opponent, he's looking all mean like someone stole his dinner before coming out here. I gave a glance at Connor he didn't take his eyes off that Thomas guy, if anything I saw a few sweats on the sides is his face.

Jackson looked chilled, his childish nature didn't miss the opportunity to taunt his opponent.

I almost laughe when Jackson blew a kiss at him, the guy looked pissed clenching and unclenching his fists.

I guess we all have the same mindset to win.

The horn blow it was the 1500m run, four laps around the field without break.

I prepare myself, my mind open and my breathing steady. I was used to this run, after all this is what we train.

Thw whistle blew and I ran in a steady space keeping my breathing to a calm one. The Richard guy took off sprinting, his teammates cheered him on.

My group knew better they know the technique so it didn't faze them.

It got the 3rd lap and honestly Richard was burt out he began to slow down almost to a walk.

Are you kidding.

I pick up my pace knowing it's the last lap it's time to work my muscles. Running passed Richard he looked startled as if not expecting my sprinting.

I heard his heavy breathing but he couldn't keep up, I didn't know I ran passed the finish line until I heard stop repeatedly. My group cheered patting me on the back as I came closer.

The events went on one after the other, until it reached the last one. It was getting late at this point and honestly my team leading by 15 points.

"Least a event of the day the tap out." The silence came over us, I could seriously hear the turning wheel in each person's head.

"Oh straighten your faces, it's a match of sparing the last person standing wins." He said the Commander stayed silent the whole event. It didn't help that the old guy was smirking either.

"No funny business if I see blood your disqualified." His eyes held seriousness, I was scared for myself although most of the guys were exhausted to a point of falling as they still stand.

Don't get me wrong thses few months has really improved my skinny body to a healthier one.

Cheers.

I didn't notice at first but the place got dead silent right after the General spoke. It didn't help most of the guys were cracking their knuckles with intention of death in their eyes.

I shudder a little I knew that was what they waited for.

No one spoke

No one had to

The bell will speak soon.