Chapter Twenty One

I took steady steps towards the post, most of the men ran to their stations with excitement.

I was mostly scared.

Or in trauma of ever touching a gun.

The one person I saw ever having one was my father and heavens knows I barely made it out alive.

I didn't want to remember that, so I took every step with steady breathing trying to control my nerves.

I always told myself every issue is a lesson even the ones that taint the mind the longest.

I waited for the command my eyes were on the gun, it didn't take long for flashes to appear of that one night I tried so desperately to forget.

No leave me alone, I didn't want this? Why are you doing this?

A touch on my shoulder startled me from my thoughts.

"Hey you alright." The Sergeant asked apparently he was the one guiding me as the rest had theirs already starting.

I nod my head answering his question but his eyes show disbelief.

"Your sweating and your face looks like you just saw a ghost." He said coming closer to me I didn't want to say so I lose eye contact and focus ahead on the targets.

I put on the ear muffs and the clear lens glasses he touched my hand guiding me to take the gun. I did and honestly it's cold metal frame looked harmless but it's no understatement of how dangerous this really is.

"Steady breathing, aim at the target make sure to loosen your hands and again your shoulders are stiff, don't show the enemy how tense you are." He said pointing at the target, when I focus more a image of my father replaced it.

I almost drop the gun but Damion must have notice and held my arm up.

"You sure your ok." He whispered I shudder at how cornern his voice sounded.

It warmed my heart.

I nodded my head mumbling a yes.

I couldn't let that stop me.

I held the gun with a firm grip and although my hands were shaking, he held my hand securing it in his grip.

It didn't seem like nothing but deep down it meant I have something who actually cares.

"Lock your target."

"Breath."

"Fire."

On que I shot the target, closing my eyes at the impact if Damion wasn't holding my hand my body would break literally.

A small smile appeared on his lips as he takes one look at the target.

"Beginners luck." He said placing the gun down with a small smirk.

I hit below the target mark missing the inner circle.

I smiled mentally patting my shoulders.

The others seem to be getting a hang of it.

We train in the order of disabling the gun to putting it back together.

I time myself at most in how fast I could do it.

Reloading is important and also medical procedures.

We train all day until it was late.

And honestly it was needed I felt light, too light to go to sleep.

I heard barking in the distance, without thinking I followed it.

I already knew it was Storm his cheerful barking couldn't be missed.

I walk silently until I saw him at the same spot as last time, smoking on a cigarette.

He looked last in thought although he was playing fetch with storm.

I feel like I'm intervening on their quiet time, plus it would be werid I'm not a girl right now.

It would look like a late night walk with couples.

I sighed making sure to be silent, I guess it didn't work Strom ran over towards us.

In all excitement he ran at me with form jumping in my arms.

I laugh when we both fell to the ground, I know my felmale voice might be coming out.

I can't control it when I'm around thses two.

It wouldn't be a surprise if he found out that I'm a women already but why wouldn't he report it.

"Storm buddy where are you." He shouted running in the direction we were.

I try to shush Storm but it was impossible my laughter would be heard.

"Well surprise surprise, Storm seems you have caught me my treat." My faces heats up immediately, what is wrong with this man. Storm got off me but not without licking my cheek.

I giddily got up.

I felt calm even as Strom ran back to him, he was a couple of feet away.

His grey eyes didn't miss a thing, it's like he froze even as Strom sat in front of him.

It's awkward a little for some reason I wonder if he was thinking about me.

He started to walk towards me his eyes held anger I was shocked and frighten, my mind telling me to run.

But before I could react he held me in his arms basically crushing me to him.

My head rest on his chest nex to his heart.

His heart was racing just like mine it's a smoothing pace that I could stay with forever.

He took my face in his hand, he brush my cheeks for some reason tears were falling.

"I need to say something to you." He said looking directly in my eyes I know by all the twisted feelings I have strong feelings for him.

I don't know how it happened it may be because my heart didn't know how to act.

Can you blame me?

My life started from nothing but pain, no love, no nothing.

He still held my face in his hands, searching my eyes for what I don't know.

"Damion, where are you?." The voice of a women shouted from behind, Storm was right next to her walking towards the direction.

He let go thus fast.

The look he gave told me all.

He wasn't thinking about me.