Chapter Thirteen

To make matters worse the Sergeant stood beside the medical personnel watching each recruits closely.

Thank goodness I was at the back if only they could see me

Panicking.

I whisper a silent prayer knowing I can't escape this without a good reason.

I'm so stupid.

My time was coming up and man if only you can feel my heart. The lady gently placed a cup in my hand telling me to enter and do my business.

The Sergeant looked at me closely his grey eyes analyzing closely.

I gulp taking the cup and stepping in the stall, I'm grateful for the toilet and not one of those men toilet things.

I could still feel the burn of the Sergeant stare, as if he's watching me even now.

Think my predictions were right, I am going mad.

I took a deep breath and did my business filling the cup mid way as I cap the top on.

I walk out on shaky legs as I place the cup in the lady's hand. Even the n the Sergeant was watching me closely, I shook him off walking tot he direction my mind tells me.

Oddly enough my period didn't come today the disaster that would be. I sighed sitting on the gress overlooking the mountain area of camp.

"Hey." I jump so high, holding my chest, turning around I saw him the Sergeant, his voice a ghostly sound with it's ruffness.

I didn't say anything my mind giving a warning sound,

Avoid this man he's trouble.

He simply sat beside me taking my silence as a answer. There was an awkward silence choking the air with its tension.

We sit in silence but while I was lost in space I felt the cold burning stare.

I found his eyes, the frustration within them gave me a scare.

"Why are you so interesting." He said, his voice held curious intentions, ''I'm drawn to you and I'm gonna find out why." He continued trying to put the puzzle pieces together.

I stood shocked my heart the only thing I could hear, after his words a feeling came over me, a good one at that.

It remains silent, I'm not able to form sentences with what he just spoke. It shouldn't have done anything to me but it's almost like I want him to find out about me.

But why?

I stood up almost immediately stepping away from him, he looked confused, his sharp grey eyes searching my blue eyes.

I'm battling with myself the strange feeling not going away and only so close to him it acts up.

I'm going far from you.

I think I need a doctor from all this thinking.

He didn't stop me when I began to wak off, his stares the only thing known.

♧♧♧

I took a deep breath not only am I calming my nerves, but I'm trying to focus. Rope climbing is one of my weakest points and honestly it's a task today.

I watch how the other guys struggle clearly none of us knows what were doing.

The commander sighed from the hopelessness.

But when Connor walked in the whole room grew silent, no one attempted to look in his direction as he took step to a rope.

Within seconds he aced the climbing, completely finishing the hurdles.

I'm not the only one's who's mouth is on the floor.

Oh he showed all of us up.

Curses were heard around the room, I guess that helped them in being focused.

But I'm struggling a little.

Until a heat was felt behind me, I turn around meeting his eyes.

His pure grey eyes.

He started to tell me what to do while holding my hand placing it in the position.

I whisper a soft thank you.

Although he didn't reply back it didn't make sense to care.

Only if my heart could calm a little.

"Now try." He said, his voice a sinful whisper.

He stepped away allowing me to relax in the position, I attempted to climb and astonishingly it worked.

I cheered a little, he only gave a nod before walking off helping the others.

I practice a little while my eyes continued to drift over to him.

It's clear that I had a problem.

I shook my head mentally reminding myself I need to focus.

Focus on why I came here in the first place and why I'm still here.

I took a deep breath rubbing my palms together while I did my climbs until they are perfect.

Night came fast.

It is getting closer to winter and the wind didn't seize its presence.

I walked towards the bunker but something felt strange as if a shadow was following me.

I look around seauring the area closely but when I turn around a scream left my mouth only for a hand to cover it.

What, who, where.