Chapter Eighteen

I held my hand in my other hand trying to bite back the pain.

I started to walk away when I felt my shoulder got pat on, but before i could look around Jackson fly kicked the person to the ground out of no way, I didn't get time to process.

In an instance a fight broke out, it didn't take long for the Commander, General and even the Sergeant to come to us.

I was on top of this guy pulling out every strand of his hair, before I was pulled off.

The lucky mofo.

It didn't take long for the fight to stop and honestly we all looked a mess, my broken nose sting with every inhale and exhale.

''Speak." The commander said and honestly this is the first time he spoke from this day.

"They did something to Conner." I said my voice a low growl.

"How do you know that boy." The commander didn't sound like himself the way his voice shook and the challenge tone that dares me to continue.

So I stayed silent, not only I didn't know how to explain but something told me they were hiding something.

"I thought so. Your all dismissed they'll be a punishment waiting." He said turning his back to walk in the opposite direction.

We all headed to the bus I was at the back of the group when I heard yells to hush whispers.

I sneak away without letting the other know I came closer to the voice it sounded like the Sergeant and the general Grey guy.

"What did you do old man."

"Aren't you not ashamed, the very soldiers your training is the disguised version of you."

"Shut your mouth boy, before I shut it for you."

"And I dare you your nothing but a criminal, you should be locked up rotten in a cell."

The lund sound of fist meeting skin didn't go silent.

"I told you to watch your mouth." He spit venom "before you end up like your mother." He continued walking away, I know I shouldn't be hearing this.

I sneak back to the bus like nothing happened.

But something didn't sit right with me.

I mean I should have known.

But...

General Grey is his father.

♤♤♤

I sat on the grass while the others where in the infirmary getting their cuts cleaned. I for one just wanted to be alone, too much thoughts and unanswered questions.

I needed to cool down, I could tell Connoer was injured and Sergeant Grey conversation with his father.

A sigh passed my lips.

"Hey what are you doing out here." I know that ruff voice anyway. Sergeant sat right next to me, I didn't say anything to him I didn't want to.

"Aren't you gonna clean your wounds it's already late." I didn't say anything, I know he was worried I could hear it in his voice.

We stayed silent enjoying the silence.

I didn't know how much time passed, sleep was engulfing me to take me in.

I didn't know I was being held til the soft touch of a bed held me.

My eyes opend slightly, I jump up trying to figure where I was.

"Hey don't move, I just cleaned your wounds." He said I quickly check for my clothes thank God it was still there or I'll be dead meat.

I took a minute to look st him, he was in a small closet.

His back had one bullet hole and a long cut across his back. I shivered at the sight but I'm also captivated by its sight.

"May I ask why I'm here Sergeant." I took this chance to talk since he seems to not want to.

"Damion." He said which confused me a little.

"What?." I asked seemingly focus.

"Call me Damion." I was lost for words, it's not everyday I'm confused like this, it's almost as if I'm about to cry.

Please don't ask why.

"I guess you already know mine." I said awkwardly never have I been in a situation like this, my heart gonna explode if it increases any further.

He chuckled a little I know he too was feeling the awkward tension.

"You must be hungry." He said clearing the air a little bit, he ran to the small kitchen area the loud sound of pots came.

I was shocked at how quickly he moved to the kitchen, it's a hidden side of him I didn't know, maybe all didn't know.

I sat in silence he was in the kitchen, my thoughts keeping me company but why am I still here.

Before I could answer myself, a plate was set on my lap. It was omelette the color tempting to dig in.

I took a bit savoring taste as well as the memory.

I saw movement infront of me, it didn't take long to catch his eyes on me at this point my mouth was full.

I quickly shallow.

"Ser....Damion why do you stare at me." I wanted to know from the start the very first moment it happened.

He placed his plate down finishing the last bite, not gonna lie it was delicious.

"Isn't it obvious." He said carefully, coming to a stand his grey eyes pieceing my blue eyes in its hold. I shook my head my mouth didn't want to open.

"I'm drawn to you it's a captivated a feeling I can't hold back." He said sensuous this time he took a step getting even closer.

I couldn't say a word knowing all that would come out will be nothing.

"But you may have caught me staring but I caught you staring too." I didn't know he was close until my face was held in his grip, gently brushing his finger on the outline of my lips.

"I'm drawn to your lips, the way your eyes shine." I was frozen on the spot my heart is definitely gonna explode now.

Is it just me or is this hot.

I bite my bottom lip after he said that, it felt as if he was stripping me with his eyes.

"Don't do that." He said his eyes focusing on my lip between my teeth. He looked more animal than human, this cause heat to rise in my cheeks.

I couldn't react sooner the soft feel of his lips brush against mine, I was frozen to the spot.