Chapter Twenty Nine

Twelve years ago.

"Mommy are you crying again?." Her little voice asked, taking her hand to wipe her mothers face but she stopped her holding her hand in a tight and comforting grip.

"No dear I'm happy..... See." She said immediately faking a smile to put her daughter at ease.

Maddie was a smart girl but to not worry her mother she smiled with her, squeezing her hand.

"Now let's get ready before daddy gets home." With that said she went back to cooking allowing Maddie to jump from her lap.

Racing up the stairs with happiness a light.

She watchs her daughters departure and couldn't help but smile sadly.

A mother who pretends to be perfect infront of her daughter, that was her.

She got pregnant at age sixteen to a man that she thought was her everything but after they got married things changed. He keeps bringing Mistresses and drinking problem even in her pregnant state he hit her whenever she confronted him about it.

But she can never blame him.

Things got worse two years after Maddie was born, he got in a car crash which resulting in his foot broken ruining his dreams of being a football player.

What a perfectly broken family they were.

Atleast she protected her child.

Maddie put on her favorite flower pattern light blue dress with white shose to match. She held up the flower pattern hairpin her mother gave her as a gift.

She was just about done when the front door opens and closes, with excitement she ran down the stairs.

"Daddy!." She shouted in glee, when all eyes look at her she ran behind her mothers leg, embarrassment clear on her face.

Her mother pats her head lightly turning her attention to the guest.

"Mr and Mrs. Grey a pleasure that you could make it." Her mother said shaking the guy's hand and giving thw lady a hug.

When the greetings were over all eyes fell on Maddie, her cheeks burn hot in more embarrassment of the attention.

"This must be sweet Maddie." Mrs. Grey said while tugging on her cheeks, "I heard so much about you." Maddie hid even more behind her mom when the lady releases her cheeks. Mrs. Grey looked a little up set.

"That's just Maddie, she's shy with meeting new people." Her mom said to cover up, Mr. Grey just nodded. The big scary guy with a scary look.

She rubbed her cheeks from the pain.

"What a grandma."

Her little voice whispered.

Before anything else could happen, a set of footsteps entered joining us.

Maddie peeped from behind her mom to see who else is here, in hopes she wishes for her father.

"Ahh nice of you to join us Damion." Mr. Grey said giving the boy a hard pat on his shoulder, it may seem like a friendly gesture but to Maddie it made her even more scared.

Maddie peeped at the boy with short bangs covering his eyes a little, he wore all black clothes which made Maddie a little sad.

For all she knew he was sad.

"Hi Damion I'm Mrs. Tate." Her mother greeted holding out her hand for him to take.

He looked up a little the shield which was his hair moved, now grey bold eyes stare at her mother.