Chapter 4

Kaden's P.O.V

I started packing up my things for the end of the day when I felt someone's presence at my desk.

"Vivian," I smiled, packing the rest of my belongings into my bag, "what can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you could help me with the test that's coming up on laws of physics?" She asked, shuffling from side to side.

"I can't give you the answers but I can give you some revision sheets to help you study if you'd like?"

"Um yes that'd be nice," she smiled.

"You know it's only five percent of your grade Vivian? You don't have to get a hundred percent," I reminded her, earning a small blush on her cheeks.

"I-I know I just want to pass," She replied, holding her head down. I looked at my phone and noticed I had thirty minutes before I needed to pick Jasmine up for her physiatrist appointment.

"I know you'll pass Vivian, you're a really bright student," I reassured her, placing a hand on her shoulder, "I have some time before I pick up my daughter if you want to run through today's lesson?" I asked her.

"Uh yes that would be nice, but I don't want to keep you," she replied, scratching the back of her neck.

"Of course not, it's not a problem," I smiled, placing my stuff down and sitting on my desk. Vivian sat on the desk in front of me and pulled at her pleated skirt to reach mid thigh.

"So without looking at your notes, tell me what Newton's third law is," I watched as Vivian played with the hem of her white shirt uniform as she thought.

"Uh it's something like every action there's an opposite and equal reaction?" She questioned, letting her eyes meet mine.

"Yes that's correct," I smiled, earning a smile from her.

"So How would you apply the time to driving a car?" I asked, knowing she needed to break down the question and the law.

"Um," she starts, scratching the back of her neck, "the tires spin and," she stopped, furrowing her eyebrows, "um I don't know," she mumbled, her cheeks turning red.

"It's okay," I reassured her, putting my hand on her knee, "let me break it down for you," I continued, removing my hand.

"When a car drives forward, which way does the road go?"

"Uh backwards?"

"Yes so when the tires spin against the road, it causes it to move backwards," I explained, earning a confused look from Vivian, "because the forces are from mutual reactions, the road also forces the wheels forward and that's how sometimes if people accelarate too quickly they roll their tyres becusw the force isn't equal,"

"Oh," she breathed, "that makes sense," she nodded, tucking her hair away from her face.

"You just have to break down the questions into little parts," I smiled, standing up and grabbing my things, "I'll bring some revision sheets tomorrow for the rest on Monday so you can overlook them on the weekend,"

"Thank you Miss Longmore,"

"Please, call me Kaden when it's just us," I smiled, hating whenever people called me Miss Longmore.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kaden," she smiled, her cheeks blushing slightly.

"See you tomorrow Vivian, have a good afternoon," I smiled, opening the door for her.

"You too," she smiled, brushing past me out of the classroom. I checked I had all of my belongings before quickly making my way towards Jasmines school that was around the corner.