Chapter 9

Kaden's P.O.V

I had clothes sprawled out all over my bed and stacked on the cupboard in the bathroom as I looked at my outfit in the mirror. I had no idea what I was going to wear to Megan's parents house. I didn't know if they were formal or if the occasion was casual. I didn't want to ask because I didn't want to seem too nervous about tonight but I couldn't help it. There was something about Megan that made me nervous but an excited nervous. Whenever I was around her I felt happy.

Ever since Bradley passed there was a part of me that didn't fully heal and still hasn't. But since getting to know Megan, I can't help but think it's slowly healing. Megan was becoming a close and dear friend and even with her famous status, I knew our connection was real. I hadn't felt this kind of connection since I met Bradley when we were teenagers. I hadn't been on any dates or spoken to anyone in an intimate way since he passed. I hadn't made new friends either because I had soul custody and care for Jasmine which at first was challenging but has slowly gotten easier.

"Girl you really need to lock your front door!" I heard Rowan from the living area.

"I knew you were coming so I left it open," I called, making my way out of the bathroom to greet my best friend.

"Mmm no girl you are not wearing that," He scoffed, his eyes scanning over the outfit I had put together.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked, gesturing to my jeans and sweater.

"It's a date with Megan Jones at her parents house Kaden," he spoke, eyes wide in disbelief, "you're meeting your future girlfriends parents tonight you have to look amazing,"

"Sorry what?" I mumbled, not fully interpreting what he had said.

"Look, you need to look hot and for you that's not hard because you're so hot but you wear a lot of good teacher clothes which makes you like nerdy hot," he began, strutting his way into my room. He began shuffling through my clothes on the bed and my closet.

"What's wrong with being a nerd?" I chuckled, watching him run his hands through his peach hair.

"Nothing of course, you're my cute nerd but we need to spice it up tonight," he clapped, turning back to my closet.

"It's not that big of a deal Row," I sighed, sitting on a spare space on my bed.

"Hunny," he started, clicking his tongue, "Megan Jones, rich, sexy actress and model who is worth millions may I add, has asked you, Kaden Longmore a high school science teacher on $95k a year, to come to dinner with her parents," he listed out to me on his fingers, "it's been years since you've dressed cute and gone on a date and I honestly think Megan is good for you," he finished.

"Yes this is it," he breathed, grabbing out a crimson red lace skater dress.

"Rowan I've never worn that I don't even know if it fits,"

"Well try it on and if not I'll pick a backup outfit but I have a good feeling it will fit," he smirked, holding out the dress for me to grab.

"What would I do without you?" I sighed, smiling as I grabbed the dress.

"Apart from have poor fashion sense and a gossip buddy?" He laughed, sitting cross legged on the bed. I laughed, making my way into the bathroom to change. I stripped from her clothes I was wearing and put on the skater dress. The red brought out my eyes and the dress defined my shoulders with a cross shirt sleeve which left my shoulders bare and part of my upper back. The bottom of the dress flowed out from my waist and reached mid thigh, something I normally wouldn't be okay with because when sitting down I knew it would rise further.