Chapter 5

Megan's P.O.V

If you had told me when I was younger that I would end up being one of the richest actresses in Hollywood, I would've laughed in your face. Back then there was no way a country girl with crooked teeth and chubby cheeks would've made it in child acting. Most scouts looked for the blonde hair blue eyed girls or the ones that their mothers forced them to eat salads three times a day or maybe they were born into the business. I wasn't as lucky as those girls.

I grew up in a small farming town in Australia. All there was was dried up fields full of cows and sheep for miles. There were barely any trees left and it was literally secluded. I grew up with my parents doing everything they could to provide for my brother and I while they worked their asses off at the dairy farm or through my mother home schooling us because the nearest school was three hours away and mum couldn't bear to send us away. Both of my parents worked on the dairy, milking cows and sheering sheep to make milk and wool for money. They were really close with the owners on the dairy so occasionally they'd shout us a bottle of milk or some wool for the winter to keep us warm. When I turned ten and my brother eight, my dad had an accident at work which left him unable to work after breaking his back and displacing his discs. Ever since then he was unable to bring food and money to the house. My mum had to pick up extra shifts and my dad had to try and teach my brother maths which didn't go so well.

When Carson and I turned over thirteen, we both got jobs on the dairy. I was mainly working with the horses and occasionally I would wake up in the early morning to help herd sheep and cows before the sun came up. My brother worked within the dairy where my dad worked and helped mum and the other workers. Carson loved everything to do with farming and cows and now that he's twenty-seven he owns and runs a couple of dairy's in the state. I was proud of him for choosing what he wanted to do and he made sure to support me with my dreams.

When I was eighteen I told my parents I wanted to move to LA to become an actress. My parents had always encouraged me to pursue my dreams and to remain committed. They all worked together to chip in for a one way ticket from Sydney which left me with my savings to rent a room for a week or so, so I could get a job to pay the bills. When I moved to LA it wasn't what I thought it was. I thought it was glitz and glam and as soon as you went there you got scouted. But that wasn't right. There were times where I was on the streets, trying to busk my way for money for rent and food. I cleaned public toilets and when the rent went up and I couldn't afford it anymore, I spent a few months living on the streets with everyone else in LA.

When I turned twenty, my whole life turned upside down. I was one of those miracle stories where puberty hit and I had a major glow up. There were times when I was sleeping on the streets that I'd get hit on by the men which was uncomfortable. I managed to weave my way into a waitressing job because of my looks but of course, that meant wearing some of the skimpiest clothing I had ever worn which barely covered my breasts or ass. When I was working a shift at hooters, I got scouted by a man who was looking for models for his business. I didn't believe him at first but once I looked his name up I knew he was the real deal. He took me under his wing and helped me get cleaned up before my first runway shoot. I had told my parents about what happened and they couldn't believe it. They told me to be careful and to remember my morals and to not let the modeling career get to my head.

And that's why I left modelling over four years ago because I couldn't stand the two faced bitches. I modeled for four years and did some acting on the side but after my 24th birthday my name exploded in the media after I acted in a movie that blew the box office with sales. Ever since then it had been chaotic, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

"Um where are you going?" Tori asked me as she watched Payton and Anthony carry a couple of suitcases out of the house.

"Back home, I'm going to see my parents and brother,"