Chapter 17

A/N
I have taken all of your comments into consideration regarding content and have decided to just do Megan/Kaden in this book. Another book about Tori/Payton is called Chasing Payton Queen which is available now :)
~~~~~~~~~

Kaden's P.O.V

I watched as Jasmine coloured in her book she had at my mothers house. I noticed she still held her pencil in a fist as she coloured, causing the pencils to colour outside the lines. She had her tongue sticking out as she concentrated on the picture.

"Remember your hand grip sweetie," I prompted her, carefully adjusting her grip. Jasmine groaned but continued to colour in a lot slower.

"Do you like my colouring?" Jasmine asked, glancing up at me.

"Of course I do sweetie," I smiled, tucking some of her lose curly flyaways behind her ear. Jasmine leaned away from me, not wanting me to touch her hair. I chuckled at her, watching her pull the hair back from behind her ear. Jasmine always had the same braid for routine and I can't remember the last time she had a haircut. Her hair at to be the same or as close to the same everyday or else she would be upset about it. Most people saw it as being high maintenance but I understood that she liked routine and found comfort having her hair the same.

It was hard to get her haircut by a hair dresser. She would always cry or flinch when the scissors came near her. She didn't like change and I knew getting hair taken off was a change she didn't like. We had tried things like watching a tv show or something while she was getting it cut but no matter what we tried she always reacted negatively. Sometimes I just wished people understood what she was going through instead of judging her for acting the way she did when getting her hair cut.

People would always make comments and stare at her when we were shopping if she was making a scene. I wasn't someone who enjoyed unwanted attention and found myself going places without her if I could. I wasn't ashamed of Jasmine. I was more cautious about what people thought, although I knew it shouldn't matter because she is my daughter and I love her. I just knew especially from the school she doesn't take criticism very well like most people.

"Anything planned for the school holidays?" My mother asked, carefully placing herself in her armchair.

"I was thinking of travelling," I spoke cautiously, looking over to her.

"Travelling?" She furrowed her grey brows, "where?"

"I was thinking out of the country,"

"You're funny Kaden," she chuckled, grabbing her magazine to flick through.

"Mum I'm not joking," I replied, causing her to look up at me from her glasses.

"And what exactly are you going to do with Jasmine?" She asked me in a scoff, "you can't expect me to look after her all the time that you're gone. I have things to do,"

"I was actually going to bring her with me,"

"Where are we going Mummy?" Jasmine asked, tilting her head to the side to look between my mother and I.

"I'll talk to you about it soon sweetie okay?" I smiled, rubbing her upper back. She nodded, putting the end of her pencil in her mouth.

"Are you serious?" Mum asked me. I grabbed the pencil from Jasmine's mouth and sighed.

"Yes mum I'm serious. Why don't you believe me?"

"Because you never go anywhere, plus we both know travelling isn't exactly something Jasmine enjoys,"

"She's never gone mum, we don't know if she does,"

"Why do you even want to travel all of a sudden?" She chuckled bitterly, getting up and moving towards the kitchen. I stood up and followed her so Jasmine wasn't listening in to our conversation anymore.