Chapter 7

Kaden's P.O.V

I woke up feeling rejuvenated which I hadn't felt in a long time. Usually I would wake up tired or with aches and pains but for some reason last night was one of the best nights sleep I've had in a while. I stretched my body, feeling the empty space next to me. Usually I was used to it and didn't think much of it but then I remembered Megan had stayed the night. I quickly shot up out of bed and glanced around the room. I noticed the shorts she borrowed were neatly folded on the end of the bed. I slid out, stumbling slightly from just waking up and quickly brushed my hair to untangle the mess that was created from tossing and turning. I grabbed a blue sweater, trying to gain some heat from the chilly morning and made my way towards the kitchen. As I neared closer, I could feel the warmth of the fireplace moving through the house. I heard some clattering coming from the kitchen so I carefully walked in. Megan had her back to me and was carefully making coffees with the coffee machine that I hadn't used since Bradley passed.

"Sorry I didn't mean to intrude," Megan chuckled nervously, "I wanted to make you a coffee, if you drink even coffee?" She gestured to the cups.

"No it's okay," I smiled, moving closer to her, "a latte with a sugar would be lovely," I leaned against the corner of the counter and watched as she got to work. I watched as she grounded the coffee and put it into the machine. I never learnt how to make coffee. Bradley always got up early and made me a coffee to go for university while I looked after Jasmine. Now I usually just buy coffee on the way to school or from a cafe that was near the school during my breaks.

"How'd you learn to make coffee?" I asked as she heated up the milk.

"I am a woman of many talents," she smirked, allowing the coffee to fill the cups, "I learnt while I was working in a restraunt before the business,"

"In Australia or America?"

"America," she replied, pouring the milk into the cups, "you'll never guess where I worked," she chuckled, shaking her head.

"Where?" I asked, wanting to know.

"You have to guess," she smirked, adding a sugar into my cup. I looked at her and thought. I didn't know any restaurants in America but if she's telling me to guess it must be a well known place.

"I don't know," I laughed.

"You have to promise you won't judge," she sighed, carefully passing me my coffee.

"The coffee or your old job?" I questioned, causing her to laugh.

"The job, I know my coffee is good." I couldn't help but admire her confidence. I took a sip of the coffee, instantly loving the taste.

"Good?" She questioned, a smirk on her lips.

"Very, now tell me where you worked," I pressed, hearing her sign.

"I worked at hooters," she replied, leaning her hip against the counter. I stopped just before I sipped my coffee and looked at her. I knew what hooters was from the movies and media but I didn't expect her to work there. I had many questions but decided to not ask them.

"Did you enjoy it?" I asked, sipping my coffee.

"Besides the skimpy outfits and the constant notion of being hit on it was actually alright," she shrugged.

"Do you have photos?" I asked before I realised what I was actually asking. Meagan's blue eyes met mine and I instantly blushed, "I meant of the restaurant," I clarified, clearing my throat.

"Sure," she chuckled, her eyebrow raised," you know without hooters I wouldn't be where I am today," she sighed. I remained quiet allowing her to continue, "I got scouted while I was working by Gerard Lucas. He was a manager for a modelling agency and took me under his wing,"