Chapter 14

Kaden's P.O.V Friday Part 1

Connor had brought me to a restaurant that was quite upper class. I wasn't expecting him to make a reservation at such a fancy place but he did. We had dinner which was amazing. I had always wanted to try this restaurant but hadn't had anyone to go with. It was good to be around Connor again. When Bradley was here he was around all of the time and went to different sporting events and things with Bradley or cane for Jasmine's birthdays.

"So how have you been with everything?" He questioned, taking a sip of his drink, "specifically Bradley,"

"It was hard at first and sometimes it still is but it's a lot better now she's older,"

"Have you moved on from him?"

"Do you mean romantically?" I asked. He hesitated for a moment before nodding, "I'm seeing someone,"

"Ah Yeah, who is he?" He asked, folding his hands on the table. I hesitated. I didn't know how Connor stood with same sex relationships or anything like that and I didn't know if Megan wanted me telling him about her.

"Just a guy I know," I shrugged, feeling myself grow hot after lying to him but I wanted to make sure Megan was okay with me talking about us.

"As long as he's nice to Jasmine,"

"Yeah he is," I smiled, remembering how well Megan and Jasmine got along, "have you found anyone?"

"No," he sighed, "I mean I like this girl but I don't know how to approach the situation," he scratched the back of his head.

"Maybe I can help?" I suggested, adjusting my position, "how do you know her?"

"Through a friend,"

"Are you two close?"

"We are but it's been a minute with everything that's happened with me getting deployed and things it made it hard to keep close all the time,"

"Why haven't you told her how you feel?" He was quiet for a moment, his brown eyes finding mine.

"I'm worried she doesn't feel the same,"

"You won't know unless you try,"

"I suppose so," he chuckled, "I want to tell her but it just doesn't seem like the right time whenever I want to,"

"Sometimes you just have to go for it and it will play out how it's supposed to,"

"Yeah I guess you're right,"

"What's she like?" I asked, causing him to smile.

"She's honestly so beautiful. I've known her for years and every time I see her it's like she takes my breath away. She's so smart and caring and she always manages to make sure everyone and everything is right. It's like she got the manual for life and knows what to do," he spoke with passion. I couldn't believe how passionate he was talking. It was as if he was in love with this girl.

"I think you should tell her, before you miss the opportunity again," I smiled. He leaned back in his chair and met my eyes. We stared at each other for what seemed like a long time before the waiter interrupted us with the bill.

"I'll pay," Conner put his hand on my puss, passing the waiter his card.

"And if I wanted to split?" I challenged, earring  chuckle from him.

"We can split next time," he smiled, grabbing his card back from the waiter. We thanked him and made our way out towards Bradley's car. The winter air was freezing so I was lucky I brought a coat tonight.