Chapter 11

Megan's P.O.V

Payton had left late last night to go back home to America to be there for her mother. She had messaged me not long ago to tell me she had landed and was at the hospital waiting for news on her mother. Tori stayed here with me because we both knew Payton needed to focus on her mum and although we knew Tori would try her best to help we knew she needed her personal space. I had told her to take the remainder of the week off even though she argued with me I eventually won.

I was still surprised that she let Payton use her private jet to get home, I knew I owed her one and I wasn't prepared for when that favour was going to be needed. I knew she was going to twist my leg and I needed to mentally prepare myself for that. But I wasn't going to worry about it right now.

I was headed to our old family home with my parents and Tori who all got along really well. Tori was bonding with my mum about cooking and gardening with my dad which I was surprised she knew how to do either. I hadn't seen her lift a finger since I met her so it was news to me that she could cook and garden. I guess people are full of surprises. We were scheduled to stay for the week and I knew Carson loved working and wouldn't be taking time off so dad offered for Tori and I to help out on the farm which I knew was going to be Tori's worst nightmare or the best time of her life. I was excited to see Lilly and their girls again because it had been so long since I had seen them in person. It was always hard when Carson lives four hours away from mum and dad and I lived on the other side of the globe. I knew my parents went at least three to four times a year to visit and I wish I could make the same commitment.

We pulled up to our old house and my mind instantly flooded with memories of Carson and I's childhood. Carson had the inside of the house renovated slightly to improve the bathroom and kitchen but so far everything else was spot on outside except the garden. It wasn't as tidy as when dad used to look after it. It was growing with weeds and grass.

"I can't wait to get into that garden," Dad chuckled as we climbed out of his four wheel drive.

"Are you sure you back can handle it Derek?" My mum asked as Tori helped her out of the car due to her bad hip.

"Yes don't worry about me," Dad waved mum off, walking towards the back of the car to grab the bags out.

"So this is where Meagan Jones grew up huh?" Tori questioned, squinting her eyes as she looked over the paddocks that surrounded the house.

"All eighteen years of my life,"

"I've never seen so much open space and trees," she chuckled, "and I'll have to get used to the smell," she scrunched her nose, the smell of cow patties filling the air. When you've grown up on a farm the smell isn't obvious but I knew for a first time smell it was going to be strong.

"You know, Megan and Carson used to run round those paddocks every day," my dad pointed out to the paddocks as he put Tori's bags down.

"We couldn't do sports so we would sprint around the paddock or kick a ball to entertain ourselves when we were bored," I chuckled smiling, remembering the fun times Carson and I used to have. Especially when Carson broke my arm by pushing me after I beat him in a game. I was in a cast for three months.

"If it isn't my big famous sister," I turned around after hearing Carson's voice. He smirked at me, holding his arms open as I ran and hugged him, my force making him stumble backwards slightly.

"I missed you so much," I laughed, feeling myself becoming slightly emotional.

"Two years is a long time to not see a sibling," he chuckled, holding me close. I stepped back to meet his similar grey eyes. He hadn't aged much but he had lost a lot of weight since the last time I had seen him. He seemed more muscular now too.