Chapter 15

Tori's P.O.V Friday Part 2

The runway had finished and I was backstage getting out of my final design after a successful show. I was conveniently stationed next to Savannah which I didn't enjoy at all. I was still holding a grudge against her for what she did to Megan.

I knew it didn't really affect me what had happened but I hated how she just manipulated her and got away with it. I couldn't stand girls like Savannah who treat being gay as a game. I knew Megan was too nice to say anything but I wasn't afraid to knock a good liking, perfect symmetrical face, sweet brown eye-, BITCH out if she tried anything to ruin Kaden and Megan. I am the captain of that ship and it sure as hell isn't sinking. I put duck floaties everywhere and the dollar store said they were reliable.

I pulled my hair back into a low ponytail to get it away from my face as I wiped off the makeup that was plastered all over my face. I was dreading getting the glitter off my skin knowing it was going to keep popping up to stalk me weeks from now. I was dressed in sweatpants and a baggy sweater because I was planning on getting ready for the after party at my house that didn't start till midnight. It was basically an excuse for the models and plus ones to get smashed and hookup if you wanted to. Which I only wanted to do one because I had a perfectly good girl I wanted to be with when she was ready. I'm already excited for when she is.

I grabbed my phone from my bag and turned it on seeing a stream of missed calls and texts from Payton. I was taken back and began to panic. She never really called me or messaged me unless I messaged her or she wanted to message me.I didn't know what to do so I quickly dialed her number, pressing my phone to my ear. I moved to a quieter area backstage trying to minimise the amount of background noise. I heard it ring a couple of times, my heart was beating like crazy until she answered.

"Tori," I heard her voice break as she picked up the phone. It was hoarse as if she had been crying.

"What's wrong? I'm sorry I missed your calls I-I was doing the runway show," I panicked as I chewed on my fingertips which was a bad habit I picked up when I was younger whenever I was nervous. I heard her voice break as I felt my stutter in deep pain.

"S-She's gone," she spoke quietly, a sob leaving her lips, "w-we took her off life support," she brokenly spoke to me.

"Where are you?" I questioned, quickly running back to pack up my things. There was only one place I wanted to be right now and it was by her side.

"I'm at the hospital still-,"

"Stay there, I'm coming now okay?" I ordered, quickly grabbing my things. Bruno finally found me amongst the clutter of backstage.

"Just hand on a sec, I need to talk to Bruno," I explained to her, "Bruno can you take me to see Payton please," I begged, making sure I had grabbed everything. I held my phone against my chest.

"Why do you need to see Payton?" He questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Her mum," I replied knowing he would understand. His face saddened with worry. Bruno and Payton talked a lot considering Megan and I were best friends but he didn't know every personal detail about her. Unlike me who was slowly getting to know her.

"Of course, I'll let the officials know you've returned the designs. There will be a car in bay twenty-three for you. Take that to see Payton and please tell me when you get there,"