Chapter 10

Megan's P.O.V

I walked down the stairs, combing my fingers through my hair getting ready to go over to Kadens to help her mark tests for Monday. I walked into the kitchen and greeted both my parents with a kiss on the cheek.

"How did you sleep?" Mum asked as she handed me a cup of coffee.

"Good," I smiled, plopping myself on the barstool. After my parents interrogated Kaden last night I haven't really spoken to them. I knew they had my best interest at heart and wanted to see if Kaden was worth my time but they were asking really personal questions and although Kaden didn't say anything I could tell they were making her uncomfortable.

"Have you spoken to Kaden this morning?" Dad asked, flipping the page on the newspaper.

"Yeah I'm about to go help her grade some tests for Monday,"

"She left pretty late last night," Mum commented, smirking at me as she brought her cup to her lips.

"We didn't do anything mum we were just talking," I rolled my eyes, grabbing out my phone and seeing some text messages from Payton and Tori.

"Sure you didn't," she chuckled, resting her hand on top of mine. I looked up and met her gaze, "I like Kaden," she reassured me, "she seems like a beautiful young lady and I'm sure her daughter is also but are you sure it's not going to be too much?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well she has a daughter, she has baggage from her partner passing away, you live in America now,"

"Your mother is right Megan. You both have such different worlds," Dad sighed, looking up at me from his paper, "as nice as she is I don't think it will work." I scoffed at my parents words. I understood where they were coming from because I lived in America and acted as a job whereas Kaden was just a normal high school teacher living her life in quiet. Hearing them say those things still made me upset because I still wanted to try and I knew I hadn't felt this strong connection with anyone else accept Kaden.

"Megan we just want you to be happy," Mum sighed, filling my lack of response, "I think if you weren't famous it'd make it a lot easier,"

"I just think you should be friends," Dad added.

"I get it but I haven't felt like this in a long time," I sighed, drinking my coffee quickly so I could leave.

"Do you really though Megan?" Mum questioned, "Kaden has a daughter who you haven't met and she doesn't seem like the type of person that would benefit from being seeing in Hollywood,"

"I don't know why you can't just settle for that coworker your with,"

"You just don't want me to be with another girl dad," I back fired.

"Look, at least with a man you can have biological children,"

"Derek," my mum scolded. My jaw tightened at his comment.

"What?" He questioned, looking between us, "I'm fine with her being a lesbian or bisexual or whatever they label as now days but the child won't be ours,"

"Regardless if Megan has biological children or adopts, they will still be our grandchildren and her children,"

"I'm honestly not having his conversation right now," I mumbled, standing up and placing my mug in the sink.

"Megan-,"

"No dad don't worry about it. You've said enough," I scoffed, "I'm going to Kaden's and then I'm going out for dinner with Tori and Payton so I'll see you both later," I replied, grabbing my phone and heading out of the house with a frown on my face, hurt by my own fathers comment.