Chapter 1- the big news

The mail came in yesterday.

I sit at the kitchen table looking down at the one letter that came in. This is it. My whole future depends on the one thing laying right in front of me.

I run my figures through my long dirty blond hair, a nervous habit of mine, before I get the courage to reach out for the envelope.

I grab the envelope and run my fingers over the edges. My thumbs trace the stamp and I flip over the card so that I can open it. My hand hovers there for a while before I slowly open the envelope. I start to pull out the letter but pause for a brief second before continuing. Once it's fully out I open up the folded paper.

Dear Calli star,

Our representative that came last week about you coming to the world wide Olympic equestrian training camp (WWOETC) was quite impressed with your performance. She told us what potential you had. We would be very happy if you came to WWOETC in Britain to become and Olympian! It would be great to have you in our 6th year running WWOETC, but only under certain conditions.

We are worried about your financial life. We would need you to be able to pay for a room and stall, and it seams you don't even have your own horse. If you can do extra work at the barn, we will let you stay for free. This includes doing all the chores for your horse which we usually have staff do, and promising 15% of your earnings when you compete so you can pay for lessons.

The last thing is your horse, you need you very own, whether or not you buy a new one or buy one from the barn your riding at. If you get a new horse, we will help you train it so that it will listen to you. If all of these are solved, you can come in one weeks and meet your future fellow Olympian's.

Hope to see you soon,

Sherri Warhorse (owner of WWOETC)

"OH MY GOSH!!!!" I scream. I jump out of my chair and start running around the house. "MOM I MADE IT!"

My mom and my younger sister come running down the stairs. There similar light brown hair and blue eyes make them look like a younger and older version of each other.

"IM SO PROUD OF YOU SWEETY!" My mom squeals. Along with my younger sister Evelyn who starts running around screaming "MY SISTERS GOING TO BE AN OLYPIAN" over and over again.
I suddenly start laughing before I start crying tears of joy.
"It starts next week!" I'm so excited, that I almost forgot that I have to leave. Suddenly I'm sad and my smile disappears. " you guys will be ok without me right?"

"Of course honey! Don't worry." My mom comforts me, while pulling me into a hug.

I sniff "...thank you."

"Yeah it's fine!" Evelyn says a little to loudly, stopping briefly from running around the house before she runs to the front door, opening it with a click and starts screaming. " SOON YOU WILL ALL KNOW MY SISTERS NAME! SHES GOING TO THE OLYMPICS!"

The door slams shut as my sister comes back inside and I start laughing as she joins our hug. I lean into them before I remember one major thing I need to worry about.

"Also there's one more thing.." I start to say. They both look at me confused. And I hate asking this too. "I need a horse"

***

Most of my room is packed into one big red suitcase in the middle of the floor, which mostly consist of clothes and books, and my horse stuff will be packed in the trailer. I leave tomorrow and I'm going to buy my horse today. Yes, my horse. This is insane.

I go Down the stairs and out the front door to join my mom and my sister in the truck.I stop to look at the trailer we rented so I could drive my horse to the camp. I start to get really exited, a smile not being able to stay off my face. Tomorrow I will be considered a future Olympian.

After letting out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding I walk to the front of the truck. I wrap my fingers around the handle, opening the door. I hop in the truck, and I ride shot gun, in the seat next to where my mom is sitting . Of course I could drive, but I'm definitely to excited.

"Before we go sweety, I have really good news!" My mom says. "The first is I got a better job at the magazine company!"

"That's great mom! That means you have more extra money for things other that groceries and mortgage!" I say super excited. This is BIG for mom.

My mom and sister smirk. " You know what else?" My sister asked, seeming extremely excited, and my sister looks like she's going to burst.

I give her a confused look and my mom answers the question I didn't even have to ask. " We saved up money so you could buy a horse!"

"WHAT!" I scream excitedly, "I though we were going to have to slowly pay it off! How much?"

"Three thousand dollars!" My sister giggles, jumping out of her seat, "grandma and grandpa gave us some to help out!"

"Wait seriously! That's so much!" I start to happy cry and I hope that I don't make my mascara run, but I also don't really care.
" Thank you guys so much...I can't believe what I would do without you...I love you guys!" I say while crying.

They pull me into a long group hug, and we sit there for a while.

"Alright, we have to go." My mom giggles, excited. then we start to pull out and drive to the barn...

Hey everyone!

I hope you enjoy my book and I know this chapter is a little bit boring but it will get better! I promise!

Any who, if you see and mistakes or weird things in my story, just leave it in the comments.(love the good feed back)

Thanks for giving this book a chance!
-Spirit_horse16

Update: if this book it getting boring just go to chapter five to skip the back story of it all. Thanks!