Chapter 21 - Visititors

"Dreamer!" I shout , worried about his injuries.

Just then do I notice a lady who looks to be about forty with brown hair staring at me. Her hands are touching my leg. I sit up.

"Your horse is fine Miss." the lady says politely. "The vet checked him up And he only has mild scratches. He should be rideable in a couple of days."

I let out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding. Thank goddess Dreamers safe.

"You on the other hand will take a little longer to heal." She stated. "The bite was pretty deep, but I've stitched it up already. I did it while you were asleep."

I get nervous again. "How long till I'll be able to ride?"

"Only about a week." She says.

A week! That's gonna feel like forever.

"Now I'm just going to change your bandages." The lady said, taking out a roll of white fabric.

She starts to unravel the bandages at my calf , and I slowly start to see more blood appear as each layer comes off. When she lifts the final layer off, I can see the stitches in a clear shape of a bite. She takes out a bottle from her bag along with some wipes.

"This might hurt just a bit." She says.

She pours some of what I assume the disinfectant onto one of the wipes before  she starts to rub away the access blood on my leg. It stings a little but not as much as I thought it would.

Next she starts to wrap the fabric around my leg, but much less of it. She quickly ties it on before turning to me.

"I gave you less bandages today, due to the fact that your not really bleeding anymore." She explains. "You'll be able to leave after you see your visitors."

Visitors? What visitors? Also where am I?  She Packs up her bag and starts to leave. Then she turns around.

"Also just letting you know, I gave you a shot yesterday for anything the animal could have spread to you." She says before turning and leaving.

Just then Sherri walks in the door, rushing over to me. "Oh thank god your okay." She said. "What happened?"

"A wolf bit me." I explained.

"Oh wow, no wonder it's such a big bite." Sherri says.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"Your in our sick bay." Sherri says. " it's one of the rooms attached to my office." She explains.

"How many days have I been asleep?" I ask.

"You've only been here since yesterday." Sherri replies. "Also after you see your next visitors, you can leave, just no riding, and don't forget to grab this crutch." She explains.

"Thank you." I say, and she leaves.

Next Cameron walks in the door, utter fear on his face as he walks up to me. He doesn't say hello, he just pulls me into a bear hug. It takes me a second to realize what's happening, but when I do I hug him back. I can feel his breath on my neck, and it send tingles down my spine. My hart beats faster, as if I have the heart of a humming bird.

He releases me for what feels like an eternity later, but was probably only a few seconds. His hands rest on my shoulders as he stares at me concerned.

"Are you okay?" He asks, searching my eyes with his blue ones.

"I'm mean, if I wasn't I wouldn't be here." I say, jokingly, and trying to get him to smile.