Chapter 29 - Girl talk

"Oh.my.god." Scarlett practically shouts.

"This sucks." Abby says. "You really don't want to be in this situation."

I stare at them blankly, confused. "What do you guys mean?"

I had just finished telling them about how Cameron and Lucas talked around each other, and also what happened when we talked individually. This was there reaction.

"No no  no no no no no no no no!" Scarlett says, bitting on one of her finger nails.

"What!" I say raising my voice. "What is it!"

Abby grabs my shoulders. "They both like you."

"What!" I say freaking out.

"Exactly!" Scarlett says.

"This is kinda bad." I say.

"No it's really bad!" Scarlett yells in a high pitched tone.

"How is it really bad?" I ask worried.

"Because you'll have to pick one, and the other one will be devastated for coming second place." Abby says. "It's worse then you just not liking them."

"Oh...oh no!" I say realization hits me like a brick wall.

"Uh-huh." Scarlett says still biting her nails.

"What am I gonna do?" I ask them.

"Which ever one you don't like make sure to give them hints your just friends." Abby says, and I calm down.

"So just make one of them not like me?" I say

"Kinda." Abby says.

"You just have to make them not like-like you, you know?" Scarlett says, gaining her self control again.

"Oh okay." I say still a little surprised. "Thanks guys."

They sit on the couch and stare at my, as if waiting for me to talk.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Who do you pick!" Scarlett and Abby say at the same time.

"Team Cami still. I don't know Lucas well enough, and I haven't seen his bad side, and I've seen Cameron's bad side." I reply.

"Oh good." Abby says.

"What?" Me and Scarlett say, except Scarlett slaps Abby on the arm.

"Ow." Abby winces. "What was that for?"

"How could you say that?" Scarlett says. "Calli could've picked Lucas."

"But she didn't." Abby says.

"But why did you say that about Callis friend!" Scarlett says a little angry.

I raise my hand. "Uh..guys I'm right here." I say jokingly.

"Sorry." Scarlett says and smiles at me. "But Abby why did you say it?"

"He just gives me that weird vibe. I've seen him around and when he talks to people he just seems...off." Abby says. "Like he's not really shy."

"But he's always shy." I say confused.

"I don't know, just watch your self around him I guess." Abby says.

"Okay, I will." I say, looking at Abby and then  I look over at Scarlett.

Her eyes are glassy, looks like she's about to cry. She sees my worried look, and she looks to my right, so it's clear Abby sees it to. She wipes her eyes but she isn't fooling us.

"What?" She says, pretending to be confused, but it's clear she's lying.

Abby walks closer to her and puts a hand on her shoulder. "Your a great friend, but your a terrible liar."

I walk closer to and try to look Scarlett in the eyes. Her head is down looking at the floor.

"What's wrong?" I say worried.

Me and Abby look at each other, Both very worried about Scarlett. She's always happy and cheerful, this is unlike her.

Scarlett mumbles something.

"Please Scarlett you can tell us." Abby says.

"I don't want it to happen to you okay!" She yells.

"...what happen?" I ask calmly.

"There's a lot I haven't told you guys." She whispers now. "I've known Abby longer then you Cal, but you both know the same amount about my past. Barely anything." She says a little louder, sadness seeping into her voice.

Me and Abby pull her into a hug. Scarlett cries onto our shoulders and we just stand there calming her. She whispers "sorry" to us over and over again. We hold the hug for what seems like an hour. When she's done crying, and is just sniffling we walk her over to the couch and sit down.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask calmly.

She nods her head, and me and Abby pull her into a side hug as she starts talking.

"Tw-two g-guys liked-d m-me. They were my best f-friends from when I-I was y-younger. W-when we reached h-high school, I figured out that they l-liked m-me. I started to like one of t-them as more then a friend. So we started d-dating. My other guy best friend was d-devastated. "Scarlett lays out a sob and we hug her tight. "H-he went against me, he made e-everyone turn against me. E-even m-my b-boyfriend t-turned on m-me. I was the biggest l-laughing stock of the s-school. N-nobody l-liked m-me." She lets out a sob.

"It's okay." Abby says and we hug her tighter.

"T-this l-lasted for t-the rest of j-junior y-year." She cries. "And on the l-last d-day he told m-me: 'your life would've been better with me.'In the summer  I met rose." Her face lights up in a smile. "She made me forget, and heal, she's  the reason I'm happy now. I forgot about those jerks, so when I came back, I was brave. I bounced back. Soon everyone forgot about the year before, and the best part was, that he regretted it. He tried to apologize. I didn't let him, and the rest of the year was fine."

We pull her into a hug. "I'm sorry." I say. "You didn't deserve that."

"I'm gonna kill that jerk." Abby says which results in a small giggle from Scarlett.

"Thanks guys." She says as we pull away.

She has tear stands on her face, mascara everywhere but she's smiling.

"Your one tuff girl." I say.

She look at me smiling. "Thanks." Then her face turns serious. "Just promise me one thing."

I nods my head. "Yes?"

"If this happens to you please don't let it affect you. We will always be your friends." Scarlett says. "Promise me that you will try to avoid this ."

I nod my head. "I promise."

Wow... back story on Scarlett.
We're you guys expecting this from her?
Also...
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 200 reads!
I KnoW it's not a lot, but I'm still grateful.
Next is Chapter 30! I can't believe I actually got here.
Thanks for all the support!