Chapter 24 - Minds

I walk up to Dreamers stall and open it, saying hello. I rub him on the face and he looks at me letting out a neigh. It almost looks like he wants to ride. Since I have nothing better to do I decide I'll just lunge Dreamer around the arena.

I grab a lunge line from the tack room and head back to Dreamers stall. I clip the lunge line onto Dreamers halter and walk him out of the stall. I walk him towards one of the empty arenas before letting him in and closing the door behind us.

I walk him to the centre of the arena before I start to lunge him around the arena. We do walk, trot, canter before I tell him to walk. I get him to Change rein before we do it again. He listens well so I walk to him and give him a pat.

He lets out a little happy neigh, and starts to look around the arena. For a second he just stares in one spot and I admire his beauty. His eyes look at me before they look back at the corner again.

I follow his gaze and see some jump poles in the corner.

"Oh you want to jump?" I ask him, not expecting an answer.

He lowers his head and looks at me almost as if he's nodding. I smile. I quickly tie him to the fence, before I grab the poles and set up a cross rail along the edge of the arena. I also set up two Verticals, making a run way for jumping, so I can free jump Dreamer.

I  quickly walk back to the tack room to grab a lead rope. I head back to the arena and exchange the lunge line on Dreamer for the lead rope. I start to walk him to the jump, before you let go of the lead rope and get him to trot. He trots up to the jumps and jumps over it gracefully and I smile. He gives a little happy buck and trots around the arena over to me.

He looks at me intensely with his brown eyes and halts I front of me. He looks over to the jump, and then back to me. He swings his head and the lead rope hits my hand. It's as if he is waiting for me to lead him to the jumps.

I roll my eyes and grab the lead rope, walking him towards the jump. This time I ask him for a canter, and he starts to canter. I let go of the lead rope, and he jumps the jump.

He lets out a happy neigh, and then trots over to me. He stops in front of me and I give him a pat. He looks at me calmly, and I can see the happiness in his eyes.

"He's not even good, he can only jump a cross rail." I here Victoria sneer be kind me.

I look and she's sitting on top of the fence. I glare at her as she hops down off the fence and walks over to me.

"He can jump higher." I say angrily. "He just doesn't want to."

"And he will never want to." Victoria smirks.

"He will, I just need time." I growl.

"Well times not exactly on your side is it?" She says pointing to my leg.

"It's only a week to heal." I say through gritted teeth.

"Oh it is?" She smirks. "Are you sure about that?"

I glare at her. "Yea-"

She moves her leg off the ground and kicks my leg hard. I let go of my crutch and fall to my knees. I bite back a scream. Pain erupts through my leg and I feel like I've been bitten again. No I feel like I've been bitten ten more times.I look up at her and see her smirking, but then I hear a scared neigh from Dreamer.

Oh wait, it's an angry neigh.

I look over and see him rearing. Victoria's face goes pale, and she starts to walk backwards towards the fence.

Dreamer gives a buck and then starts to canter towards Victoria. She bolts into a sprint and runs to the fence. Dreamer chases after her, and if I wasn't in so much pain, I would probably be laughing.

Victoria jumps over the fence and falls into a patch of mud on the other side. She looks flustered. He clothes are covered in mud. Dreamer rears twice, and Victoria scurries away. Dreamer does a happy trot over to me, but stops next to me.

He lowers his head down to me and I rub him on the nose.

"You don't like her either do you?" You day, and he lets out a low grumble.

"Well I don't like either of you!" Victoria yells, she clearly never left.

Me and Dreamers heads shoot up, and see her from across the arena. Dreamer doesn't waste anytime and bolts towards the fence. Victoria starts to run away.

"I'll get you back!" She yells as she disappears from view.

I laugh to myself, she said that last time, and it didn't really work. She got bucked off of Dreamer for heavens sake! I'm not worried at all for what she has planned.

Dreamer trot up to me again, and places his nose in my shoulder.

I rub him on the neck. "Good boy." I tell him, glad he doesn't like Victoria.

He lifts his head looking into my eyes, and I swear he's looking at me apologetically. We hold each other's gazes for a bit and I smile.

Dreamer lowers his head and sticks his nose under my arm, and starts to slowly lift me up.
I help him by putting pressure on my right foot so I can stand up. on my way up, I grab my crutch. I stick out the crutch and use it to help me up. I stand up, and Dreamer moves his head away.

I grab his lead rope, and pat him on the shoulder before rubbing his nose. I smile at him.

"Thank you." I say, and he lets out a little neigh.

We start to walk towards the fence, and it doesn't fell like I'm leading him, it feels like he's following me, matching my pace. Like were bonded. Like we have the same mind.

Hey guys!

Sorry for not updating in a long time (I know it was only three days but whatever.) I know I don't have many readers, but I still like to update often.

Also thank you to LuvYouAlice for voting on all my chapters. Please go check out her books:

Just like fire

Blind, bareback, bridaleless

I hope this Chapter was good and thanks for reading!