Chapter 5 -Arrival

We reach the turn off to go to the training camp. We pull onto the long gravel road lined with a lot of tall trees.As the trees part, it reveals a giant "U" shaped red brick barn. On the left there are jumping and dressage arena's, and on the right there are tons of paddocks. Horses gallop in the green fields, while riders with there strongly built horses train.

I look around in awe at the amazing sight in front of me. My mom pulls up and parks next to a couple other cars.

I hop out and so does Evelyn and my mom. I look around once more before I see a tall slender lady with dark hair walking towards me .

"Calli!" She says exitedly, pulling me into a hug. "It's so nice to finally meet you!" She adds, pulling away.

"I'm Sherri warhorse, the one who runs this place. If you need anything just contact me at my office over in that building next to the training arenas." She says pointing to a smaller building, only the size of tiny one story house. "And over there is the cafeteria and the bathrooms." She adds, pointing to a red brick building about half the size of the barn.

"Thank you so much!" I say excitedly "I'm so happy to finally be here."

"Me too." She says smiling. "Anyways, I have this package for you, with your number and room code and everything, but let me show you around."

I follow her around as she shows me the feed room, and where to put my tack in the tack room. Once we're down she brings me to the stalls. She looks as though she's counting numbers and she stops right in front of one.

" This is your stall. Your number 147, which is the same for your  tack locker, if you didn't already notice. Once we know your horses name, we can put the metal name tag in this slot, but for now you can just get your horse at home."

"Thank you so much for the tour." I reply, a little baffled with all this information.

"Also one more thing." She says. "How long have you had your horse?"

"Only a couple of days." I say, a little ashamed.

"Oh don't feel bad, a lot of us started there." She says apologetically. "But you will start in the learners for training tomorrow at 8 sharp, and then more training at 4 sharp. You can take your horse out an hour or two after those lessons on trail rides or hacks on open areas, which there's is a schedule for every thing in the tack room."

"Wow this place is organized." I gasp.

"Thanks," she says smiling. "If you have any questions, just find me. I'll let you unload your horse now. And  get your self at home with your room mates 132 and 128 who are sharing a room with you in room 76. Which by the way  is also in your booklet."

She hands the booklet to me and waves bye. I make my way back over to the truck, where Evelyn and my mom we're patiently waiting.

"Time to bring dreamer to his stall." I say and I head to the back of the trailer and open the back up. Dreamer bends his neck to look at me, and he holds my stare. I smile and go to grab his lead rope. I untie him from the metal bar and start to walk him out.

I stop him in front of Evelyn and mom. "Can I ask you to to bring the tack over to the tack room over there?" I say pointing to the tack building. "My number and code is in this booklet." I say handing the blue booklet to them.

"Of course!" Evelyn says skipping to the trailer with my mom following. She smiles at me as she runs to catch up with Evelyn.

I continue to walk dreamer towards his stall, his hooves clicking against the cement floor. When we're almost there a flash of black and white goes in-front of me, which is followed by a girl yelling at the thing to stop . before I know it, Dreamer is rearing and bucking. I reach his head to calm him down and slowly pull his head towards me. He calms down and shakes his head. I look over at the girl who is definitely my age, with brown hair and eyes, who is now holding her cat.

She gives me an apologetic look. "I'm so sorry-"

"Wow your horse is a wreak." I snap my head over to a girl with deep brown hair and blue eyes, with a smirk plastered on her face. "He looks terrible."

I decide I don't like this person, so I'm not going to be nice to her. "His previous owners did not care for him properly." I say a little snooty.

"His breed also sucks, he'll never be a good jumping horse." She says walking around Dreamer, examining him.

"And your horse will?" I ask, glaring at her.

She returns the glare. " of course, she's a pure bred Dutch warm blood."

I roll my eyes. "It's not the horse, it's how you ride them."

She walks up to me. "Then prove it."

I pretend to look her over. "I don't need to prove my self to you."

She scoffs and rolls her eyes. She walks away and bumps her shoulder into mine, giving me the side glare as she walks by.

The girl with the cat runs up to me. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, my cat just-"

"Oh it's perfectly fine." I say smiling at her. "He gets spoked real easily."

"Oh hallelujah! I was so worried." She says, looking relived. "I'm Scarlett, or number 128. It's so nice to meet you."

I look at her surprised. "Number 128? I'm pretty sure we're room mates!" I say excitedly.

"That's great!I really like you for standing up to Victoria today." Her voice goes sour at the name.

"Oh yeah, I knew I hated her the moment I heard her voice." I say slightly laughing.

Scarlett laughs with me. "Well I guess I'll see you later roommate." She says before she walks off.

I open Dreamers stall and put him in, taking off his lead rope. I decide I'll say good bye before I feed him, so I walk back over to the truck. Evelyn and my mom were waiting for me, so I walk toward them.

Evelyn hug me and I hug her back. My mom joins in. "I love you both." I say about to burst into tears.

"Love you to." They say at the same time. We hold the hug for a little longer before we break apart.

"I'll see you guys soon, and I promise,I'll call." I say.

"We'll be waiting for it." My mom says smiling at they hop in the car.

I watch at they drive off down the gravel road and into the trees...

Hey every one!

Enjoying this book yet?
How did you like this chapter?

This was the start of the drama, but only a small part of it, and as the chapters go on there will be more drama.

Thanks for sticking with this book!