Chapter 31 - Theory

Oh. My. God.

I can't watch as they kiss each other. My eyes glass over in tears, and I quickly turn around and start speed walking away. I don't want to run because I don't want him to hear me, and I also never want him talk to me, or hug me ever again.

"Calli wait!" He shouts after me and I break into a sprint. "I can explain!"

My legs move faster at his words and I race to my dorm. I bang on the door hard over and over again before Abby and Scarlett open the door. Excitement on there faces, but when they see my face, worry takes over.I shove my way in and slam the door.

I let out a sob, and They pull me into a hug. They don't ask any questions, which I'm thankful for. I keep crying and suddenly I'm lost in my own thoughts.

He literally just kissed my enemy! She causes Dreamer to run away, twice, and I got bitten because of her! And he was worried when he saw me! Or was that all for show? To hide his relationship with Victoria? How dare he pretend to like me! He made me like him and then ruined me! I remember all the times he hugged me, or touched my shoulder, and made butterflies explode in my stomach and he just throws that down the drain. That jerk!

I'll never like any one again.

I trusted him and he broke that. It's not even the fact that I liked him and he kissed Victoria. It the fact that he's my friend and kissed Victoria. I'm so never talking to him again. I'll never talk to him again. Ever.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Scarlett says, and Abby rubs my shoulder calming me.

"H-he h-he-" I start but a sob interrupts my thoughts.

"It's okay." Abby says. "Just spit it out."

"He kissed Victoria!" I shout and let let out a sob.

Abby stands up. "WHAT!" She starts stomping over to the door. "IM GONNA KILL HIM!"

"No dont!" I say after her.

"Yeah, Let him live with the guilt of losing Calli." Scarlett says through gritted teeth.

Abby sits back down next to me and pulls me into a hug. Scarlett joins in.

"Can you tell us more?" Scarlett asks.

"V-Victoria c-came up to m-me before our ride and told me that t-the s-secret w-would hurt m-me and-" my face goes into a state of horror and I stand up.

I start pacing around the room.

"No no no no no no no no no no-" I start to say.

"What is it?" Abby says walking over to me.

"What else did she say?" Scarlett asks.

I turn and stare them both in the eyes. "She said it wouldn't only effect me."

They looked at me confused. Maybe I'm just overreacting at her comment.

"What does that mean?" Scarlett says.

"What if..." I start to say, but then pause.

"What if?" Abby says urging me on.

"What if she's not the only one with a secret relationship." I say.

"What do you mean?" Scarlett says concerned.

"What if not only Cameron and Victoria are together, but Will, Samantha, Alex and Claire are too?" I say.

"You mean like, there all couples?" Scarlett whispers.

"That's impossible!" Abby shouts.

"Just think about it!" I say, waving my hands in the air. "They've all arrived here before us, they could have just been keeping it a secret!"

"True but why? Why would they keep it a secret?" Abby questions.

"I don't know..." I say. "But it would make sense with what Victoria said."

"She's got a point..." Scarlett says, sadness seeping into her Voice.

"I'll go knock on his door and check!" Abby says and storms out the door.

Me and Scarlett sit in silence, hugging each other. I'm hoping that I'm wrong. I'm worried. I don't want to be right. I don't want this to be my life right now. I wish that We never met these guys, because if what I'm thinking is true, then it would be worth it.

As soon as Abby left, she came back and slammed the door, her back against it. Tears formed in her eyes, which means my theory's were true. She slid down the door and hit the floor, curling herself in a ball. She let out a quiet sob. Me and Scarlett mad our way over, hugging each other. We all started crying in a huddle at the door, knowing that all of our hearts were just broken.

This is why I only trust horses.

********************************

A couple ours later we were sitting in front of the Tv watching a movie. I checked the clock and saw it was almost time for my lesson. I quickly got up and made my way out, running as fast as I could to Dreamers stable.

I didn't acknowledge anyone's presents I ran, even though some people gave me weird looks. Then I heard a familiar voice.

"Calli wait!" Cameron calls after me.

I quickly turn the corner and run to Dreamers stall. I quickly open the door and shut myself inside. I sit down on a clean spot in the bedding and sit there, hoping Cameron didn't see me.

Slowly a shadow comes up to the front t of the stall doors and I already know it's him.

"Calli I know your in here. Please talk to me." Cameron says, sadness in his voice, but I don't believe him.

I ignore him and curl myself in a ball, hoping he doesn't see me. I hear the door start to open and I stop breathing. Just then Dreamer starts having a fuss and charges at the door. Cameron closes it quickly, and his shadow disappears. Dreamer must have felt my sadness, and knew Cameron was the bad guy.

He reaches out to me and I give his face a hug. He lets out a little happy grumble. I cuddle him for a few more minutes, making sure Cameron completely left. I don't want to run into him.

I stand up and leadDreamer out of the stall, tying him up. I start to tack him up, and All I feel is betrayal.

Hey everyone!

Sorry I took so long to update, had a little bit of writers block.
Also 300 READS!? WHAT? THATS SO MUCH!

It means a lot to me that people are actually reading my book and sticking with it! Thank you so so much!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hopefully I'll update soon but I hope this chapter was okay under the circumstances of what's happening.

Thanks so much for reading!