Chapter 20 - Bite

The next morning I wake naturally early, since my lesson was at 6 but know it's at 8 with the other Learners.  I check my clock and see that it's not even six thirty. I groan as I hop out of bed, and then I notice that Scarlett and Abby aren't even here, because there lesson starts at seven.

I get dressed into my riding pants and a camo green tee shirt, before I brush my dirty blond hair into a ponytail. I then brush my teeth before I head out to the stables.

I walk up to the stables and see Scarlett and Abby tacking up Rose and Star. I wave high to them Before I start to walk up to Dreamers stall. He's tied up out side his stall. For a second I'm confused, but then I remember that Victoria is probably cleaning his stall. I look up towards the tack building and see her bringing down a wheel barrow.

She notices me as she walks up and sends me a glare. She bring the wheel barrow to the edge of the stall and walks up to me.

"Your going to regret getting me in trouble." She growls.

I roll my eyes. "I wasn't going to get myself in trouble." I said. "Are you having fun mucking our Dreamers stall?"

"More like Night mare." She huff under her breath. She looks inside the stall. "Theirs so much damn poop!"

I laugh. "I know. Good thing I'm not cleaning it up."

She huffs again. "Would you go grab me a pitch fork?" She asks.

"Sure why not." I say. "I'll get to watch you do something you hate."

"If you get the chance." I hear her whisper under her breath.

I ignore it and walk over to the tack building, walking inside. I grab one of the many pitch forks that are hanging on the wall. I walk back over to Dreamers stall and hand the pitchfork to Victoria, who is standing outside his stall. She's surprisingly grinning. I look behind her and notice Dreamers not their. I see a flash of Black go into the forest, who I now assume is Dreamer.

"IM GONNA KILL YOU!" I yell at Victoria, anger pulsing through my veins.

I turn and quickly run after Dreamer. I run down through the sea of paddocks, before I reach the entrance of the forest. I run through the forest along the stream, following his fresh foot prints. I reach the part of the stream where his foot prints end. I run through the stream, water splashing all up by legs. I'm lucky that this part of the stream isn't so deep, because otherwise the water would be going into my boots.

Once I'm out of the stream, I run toward the opening of the forest. My legs are beginning to get tired, but I keep them moving. As I approach the opening, I hear the sound of Dreamers neighs, which sound like a plead for help. This only makes me more nervous.

I reach the clearing, and fear takes over me. I expected that Dreamer was stuck, but what I saw was far worse. He had his back against a giant log fence, and in front of him were two wolves.

Panick burst through me. They could kill Dreamer. I look around and see a long stick. I grab it and start to run over to Dreamer, who is   Hitting the wolves with his hooves. They growl at him, but don't back away.

I run up behind the Log fence, and Climb up it. I stand behind Dreamer on the log. I see Dreamer rear as one of the wolves lunge at him. I quickly decide a plan in my head. I'll just scare the wolves away a bit so we're not pinned against the jump. Then I hop on Dreamer and we canter off. I just hope he listens to me.

I grab tighten the grip of my stick and prepare myself to step down. One of the wolves reach out and scratch Dreamer. Just then do I notice the scratches on his legs. We have to leave very soon.

I step down on the ground and jab my stick towards one of the wolves. They slowly step away, but start snapping at the stick. Out of the corner eye, I see the other wolf lunge at me. I hit him in the nose before I hit them on top of there head.

I keep hitting and poking at the wolves and they slowly start to back away, but they don't leave. I can see some of their ribs and how very little muscle they have. They must be very hungry, but my horse is no snack for them. I poke them both once more, and they step away even further. They seem far enough away for me to hop on Dreamer. I turn around and grab Dreamers shoulder, getting ready to hop on. That was my mistake.

Searing pain erupts in my left leg, and it takes all my effort not to drop down onto my knees. I don't bother looking down to know what happened. I've been bitten.I don't waste my time, and I swing my  left leg over Dreamer. Pain soars up my leg, and I grit my teeth, holding back a scream. I turn Dreamer away from the wolves and squeeze with my good leg.

"Canter!" I tell him, still keeping in my scream.

I look back and see the wolves chasing after us. I squeeze Dreamer harder, and he speeds up.  I look down at my leg and see deep red blood soaking up my pants. The bite seems deep. I look up and steer Dreamer to the opening in the forest. We make it there, and I look back to see the wolves are still following. We canter into the forest, and I begin to see the stream. I did not think this far ahead. How will we jump this? Dreamers never jumped with me on him!

We steer towards the stream anyways and I prepare my self for the pain I will feel in my two point. We reach the stream and fly over it. Pain crawls up my leg, as if it's a million bugs biting into my flesh. I bite my lip hard at the pain, and I'm pretty sure my lips bleeding. Once we land, my vision goes fuzzy for a second. I grit my teeth. I'm not going to pass out now. I look back and see that the wolves stopped at the stream, clearly afraid to go in the water.

We continue to canter along the stream and out of the clearing. We canter up in between the paddocks, and I see Victoria standing there waiting for me, a smirk on her face. I can't even bring myself to hate her in this moment, I'm in to much pain. My leg is thrumming.

My vision goes blurry again. We slow down to a trot as we reach what I assume is the stables. My vision gets even more blurry, making me unable to see much. My legs slowly lose there grip on Dreamer, and I start to slip off. Black surrounds my vision before I even hit the ground.

YESS FINALLY

Hey guys!

I've been waiting to write this chapter for so long and I'm so happy I get to post it!

Sorry from the long wait, I had writers block on the start of the chapter. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll try ti post the next chapter soon, so I don't leave you on a cliff hanger,

Thanks for reading!