Chapter 7- The lesson

I enter the arena with what looks like 10 other Learners and there horses and there in a line up to the mounting block. Some horses have there ears pinned and others are backing away, this was clearly the section for scared horses. Great.

I made my way up to the mounting block and went to hop on. Dreamer moved away from the block as I tried to swing my leg over, so I couldn't mount. I brought him around again, and tried to mount again. This time the moment I put my first foot in the stirrup he walked away, and I had to jump off. It's a good thing I'm last in line, so I can take a little longer.

I tried to mount several times after and out of the corner of my eyes I saw some of the girls whispering, and it was clearly about me. This is like high school all over again. Awesome.

I tried to mount again, and Dreamer walked off on my again. This time I was ready and swung my leg over him while he was moving.

His first reaction was to buck, which he did, before realizing I wasn't going to fall off with just that. Next he reared over and over again, but I squeezed my legs and stayed on. He started to rear lower and lower, running out of energy.My legs burned by the time he stopped rearing, and I patted him on the shoulder.

"Good boy." I whispered to him and he titled his ears back, hearing my voice.

I turned him slowly to line up with the other students, and he pinned his ears back a little, but I just kept whispering to him.

A dark haired tall man finished setting up a cross rail in the middle of the arena.

"I'm Derek, your instructor. For a couple of you newbies here, to pass you must be able to to walk, trot, canter, and jump over this." He said pointing to the jump.

"First I want you all to walk around for a bit. Newbies tell me what your comfortable with when the time comes." Derek said, looking around at locking eyes with each of us, holding mine extra long. "Alright, lets go!" He said and we all started walking around.

We walked around for a bit, which I think was about five laps before he told us to trot. Dreamer had been really good with walking but when I squeezed a bit and asked him to trot, he bolted. I quickly turned him to the inside of the arena to avoid other riders.

"Woah, Dreamer" I said calmly. He slowed a bit but then speed up again.

I told him woah several times while pulling on the bit, and increasing how hard I pulled every time he didn't listen. I wanted him to not fear me, but being nice wasn't really working.

"Fine."I mumbled to myself.

I turned him into the middle and made him make a circle, making him go in a smaller and smaller one every time. Soon he slowed down to a fast trot and then a fast walk. I pulled in the reins one last time and made him stop.

I looked around and saw some people looking sad for me, but most were just giggling silently.
I glared at each of them until they stopped. Someone gave out a huff behind me and I realized it was Derek.

I turned around. He gritted his teeth. "Leave the arena now, and we will talk later."

Oh...crap

I turn Dreamer to walk out of the arena, and I dismount once I reach the gate. I open it up and leave the lesson arena.

I tie up Dreamer quickly and flustered. I pull of his saddle pad and saddle, not carrying if he spokes or not, and surprisingly he doesn't.

"You couldn't have acted like this in the arena?"I say madly. Why is he calm now?

Next I quickly pull off the bridal a little forcefully, and he jerks his head. I pull his head down quickly before he can move away, and then I put on his halter.

I quickly brush him down and pick his hoofs, which he doesn't mind.

I don't put on his blanket because it's day time and he will surely get hot, so I decide I'll only put it on at night. I lead Dreamer into his stall and locked the door. I went to return his tack, and then come back.

I wait outside of Dreamers stall, waiting for Derek. We walks up to me flustered and very angry.

He sticks out his finger and points at me. "You.." he said sturnly. "Do you even want to be here?"

"Yes sir." I say quietly.

"Your a danger to other riders!" He screamed at me. "You will join me for private lessons at 6 sharp every morning and night, until I think your ready." And he stormed off.

I let out a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding, and walk off, mad, sad and tired...

Well that lesson went terrible.

I hope you guys are enjoying the book more now! We're getting to the less Boring stuff, and the next chapters will be exciting to. (I've pre written them) also sorry that this chapter is short, but it's where I wanted it to end...

Thanks for reading!

Please comment, vote and share!

😊😊😊😊