Chapter 17 - Were going on a Hack

The next week flies by. Me and Dreamer work on walking, trotting, and halting. I can tell Derek is very happy with how I'm doing. Yesterday and this morning we even tried a canter on a lunge line.

***FLASHBACK***

Dreamer walks in a circle around me and Derek. Derek seems pleased with how well he is so far on the lunge line. I ask Dreamer to trot, and he listens quickly.

Derek nods his head, happy. "Canter." He tells me.

I tell Dreamer to canter. He looks at me confused with the new command. Derek takes the rope from me.

"Go run with him." He says.

I walk up to Dreamer and grab his halter. I starts to run as fast as I can. "Canter!" I tell him and I run faster.

He breaks into a canter, and I run faster, because it's a little slow. He speeds up a bit to the perfect speed. "Good boy!" I say, very pleased.

"Now let go." Derek instructs.

I let go of his halter, and he slows down to a trot looking back at me.

I run after him. "Canter!" I say loudly, and he looks forward and canters. "Good boy! Good Canter!" I say to him.

We make him canter for a while longer, before we reach the end of my lesson.

Derek hands me Dreamer and nods his head in approval. "I think he will be ready to ride tonight."

***END OF FLASH BACK***

I sit in my dorm remembering how happy me and Derek were. It was nice doing a good job at something.  Just then Scarlett and Abby walk in. They look very content.

"Guess what!" Scarlett squeals.

I looks at her confused. "What?" I ask her.

"Alex, Will and Cameron suggest we go on a hack together tonight!" She says happily, practically shouting.

"Is Dreamer ready yet?" Abby asks looking concerned.

"No definitely not. I haven't really ridden him." I sigh.

"Oh that's okay. Week just cancel on them." Scarlett says.

"Yeah, were not riding with out you." Abby agrees.

"Guys!" I say, not wanting them to cancel. "I can ride Blue remember?"

"Ohhh." Scarlett says. "I remember that now."

"How was it being that close to Cameron?" Abby asks wiggling her eyebrows.

I roll my eyes at them. "It was kinda romantic I guess."

Scarlett and Abby squeal together. I roll my eyes at them.

"Oh I almost forgot!" I say. "He called my Cal."

This results in an even louder squeal from the two of them.

"Also the Hacks in about an hour." Abby says.

"Oh great!" I say. "I should probably tell Cameron that I'm riding Blue with him. Do you guys know his room number?"

"Yeah, him, Alex, Jacob and Will are all in the same dorm." Scarlett explains. "There in room number 15."

"Okay I'll be right back." I says standing up and walking out the door.

I walk to the boys dorm building, and walk around it, searching for their room. I walk around for a bit, and start to count down from the thirties.

30...29...28..27..26... I continue on until I reach number 15, almost passing it.

I brush through my hair with my fingers before knocking on the door.

It swings open, and I see a boy with dark brown hair and brown eyes answer the door. He looks me over and a smile light up his face.

"You must be Calli, I'm Alex." He says greeting me.

Oh my gosh him and Abby will make such a cute couple.

"Hi Alex, can I see Cameron?" I ask.

He nods his head before turning his head. "Cam Cam your girlfriend is here!" He shouts, and it takes all my effort not to blush.

"Dude, I'm having a shower!" Cameron yells back.

Alex turns to me. "I'll take a message." He says.

"Oh just tell him I'm riding Blue with him, so make sure he doesn't put on a saddle." I say, and Alex's eyes go wide.

"So it's true! Blue let's you ride her?" Alex says.

I nod my head. "Yeah I can ride her."

"Wow." Alex says. "Cam Cam has told us lots about how amazing it is that you can ride Blue, but I didn't think he was serious."

"Oh, well he was." I say. "Honestly I didn't know that she was a difficult horse when first rode her."

"Oh she is." Alex says. "All of us guys have at least one scar from her throwing us off."

"Oh yikes." I say. "I'm lucky I'm not you then."

Alex chuckles. "Cams right, you are funny."

I smile at Alex. "Anyways, I have to go, thanks for taking my message."

"Anytime." Alex smiles before closing the door.

I start to walk back to my dorm , and when I'm almost their, Victoria steps in front of me. A frown immediately takes over my face.

"What do you want?" I ask, not in the mood for her.

"Just letting you know I'm coming on the Hack with you, Scarlett, Abby and the guys." She says grinning. "Jacob invited me."

Of course he did. "Nice to know." I say sarcastically.

She makes a sad face. "Are you even coming? You don't have a horse do you?" She says pretending to pity me.

"Oh I'm coming." I say annoyed.

"So you are riding your disgusting horse?" She asks smirking.

I shake my head. "No I'm riding Blue with Cameron." I say now grinning.

Shock comes over Victoria's face and I can't help but grin even more.

"See you later." I say brushing past her, and opening my dorm room, walking inside and closing the door.

"What did she tell you?" Abby asks, looking angry.

"She's joining us with the guys. Jacob invited her." I groan, falling face first onto my bed.

"Oh of course he did!" Abby says, groaning with me.

"Ugh this is gonna suck." Scarlett says, sounding very annoyed.

"Why did Jacob have to invite her!" I groan into the bed.

We all groan together, before i sit up and look at them.

"Guys it's find just try not to be near her." I say.

We all nod all our heads in agreement, before we rush of to the bathroom, to get ready for our "date."

Hey guys!

Another chapter, I think this one was pretty good. I'm really excited to post the next Chapter, it's the group Hack!

Thanks for reading!