Chapter 2- Buying my horse

As we start the hour long drive to the barn, I stare out the window at the wandering Green-fields that spread across the earth. They cover most of the land with little dips filled with water and little puddles. The long blades of grass is so green anyone could be tricked to think they are emeralds.

A stream runs across the entire field along with trees marking the end of it, which are almost out of view. Soon the green disappears and is replaced with a corn field, the stalks standing tall. It's also a very pretty sight.

My mom starts to slow the truck down as we pull into a long gravel road, and at the end of it there is a very large white wooden barn.

The barn is so big and gorgeous it looks as though two mansions were put together and filled with beautiful, gorgeous horses.

As we come closer, my mom slows down and starts to park into an opening on the gravel road. We all open our doors at the same time as my mom slows to a stop, and puts the truck in park. I go around to the front of the barn and stop briefly, before I keep walking. This is where my horse will be. My mom stops me by touching me on the shoulder and then pulling me into a hug.

She hands me a stack of bills." When you see it tell me and we will buy it." She says before giving me one last hug and we hold hands as we walk through the front door.

A man with black hair and deep blue eyes greets us at the front door. He looks a little bit older than my mom and he is taller than all of us.

"How are you all doing? I hope you find the horse you want. What are you looking for today?" He asked us.

"Hi, I'm Calli . We were looking for a Horses under $3000." I say politely.

" alright, I shall show you to our cheaper horses." He spins on his heel and leads us down the end of horses which look to be around $4000 dollars before we turn a corner and there is a row of horse all below three thousand.

I slow my walk so that I can look at all the horses and their description. There is a white thoroughbred who is three years old and $2900. There is a Arabian Who is $2980. Down the hall there are many other breeds like thoroughbreds and Arabians and quarter horses, But none of the horses really catch my eye. I stare at a dappled gray quarter horse and the mare looks curiously at me, then she turns away and starts eating some hay at her feet.

I say, "there are too many to choose from."I slowly walk down the hallway some more staring at the gorgeous horses in many different colours and breeds. But none of them seem to be for me.

"What about this one!" My sister points at a gorgeous chestnut Dutch warm blood . I walk up to the horses stall. I reach my hand out touch the stallion and they shy away. I keep my hand held out and soon they rest their head on my hand. I reach up to touch it again slowly and it backs away.

"He is beautiful, but he just doesn't seem like mine." I say.

My sister sighs and goes running off around to find another one. Soon my mom is pointing out horses to me, and so is the man that's trying to sell me one. It's clear that they're all getting tired of my indecisiveness, But I don't know what I want.

Suddenly I hear a loud noise from down the hall. So, I start speed walking down the hall. As I get closer to the noise the horse comes in view. He is a beautiful black stallion. He has a muscular back and shoulders, and no white markings. I stare at the sheet while looking at him. He looks at me and stops making noise. He has his ears forward, listening attentively to me. My sister and my mom come, excited to see that somethings caught my eye, the man is not far behind.

"Tell me about this one." I say quickly, keeping my eyes on the stallion.

Out of the corner of my eyes the man rolled his eyes. " this is a three-year-old stallion who is being offered to sell for $1700." He says. " he was a victim of abuse and he doesn't really trust humans, but he could. He is broken and trained and he listens okay when we lunge him, but he's not very good when you ride."

"What's his breed?" I ask, my eyes still locked on the horse.

"We...we don't know." The man says, "he's only ben rescued recently but do to his past history of not cooperating. no one wants him."

"Is he injured?" I ask, very attentively.

"No, we had a vet come and she said that he isn't." The man answers.

My mom walks up to me. " sweety, you don't have to get the cheapest horse you can find." She says, clearly wanting me to get a less dangerous horse.

"But I want him." I say, " he  is the one I want."

My mom sighs, turning her eyes towards the man. " Will take him." My mom hands him some of the bills she had, which ends up being around half.

"Your sure?" He asks. "You don't want any other horse?"

"No." I say. "I want him."

***

I'm loading the stallion, my stallion into our trailer. Once he's inside, I tie him up and start to put on some old travel boots I have. He's a little fussy with the first one, he tries to move away from it, until he's against the edge of the trailer. Then he starts to pin his ears back. I back away slowly before I put the boot under his nose to let him feel it. He gently places his lip against it, feeling it, and after a while I slowly start to try and put in on again. This time he spooks a bit when he hears the velcro.

I bring the boot up again, and show him the velcro, showing him what's making the noise.
Again I try to put on the boot, and this time he barely flinches when I wrap it around him, and I don't put in around to tight. Once I'm done with the other boots,which he barely fuses about, I grab a hay net and start to fill it with hay. This time he is interested because he knows he's getting food. I tie up the net, and he starts to eat some of it.

The next thing I do is briefly brush him, which he doesn't mind while he's eating. Lastly, I take his blanket from the man who offers it with him.  I walk back inside the trailer and I go to put it on the stallion. He spokes, making a quick jerk motion away from it. I slowly move the blanket towards him, letting the blanket run against him, and he slowly calms down and starts eating his hay again. I slowly put the blanket on him and he doesn't seem to notice.

I buckle up the front to back, which he isn't bugged by. Then I hop out and slowly start to close the door, lock it, and then hop it into the truck...

Hello again! Hope your enjoying this story.

I know it's boring right now but in a couple chapters it will get really good! You just need a little bit of a back story first!

If your reading this I'm so glad your sticking with my book!

Here's a question for the comments: Do you think horse back riding is a sport?

Thanks for reading!
🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Edit: I just realized now she never got to try the horse, so when I'm done this book I might add that into this chapter.