Six

Richie's pov

I walk into my small house which is across the streets from Eddie's and down the block from Bill's, that how we met, I moved here in sixth grade. I hear the purring of my cat, who dosent yet have a name.

I bend down next to the small purring ball of white fluff, petting her lightly. I check the time and its 4:30. I have two hours until I have to go into work for the closing shift, at the only cafe in all of Derry, that's where I work. I work the opening shift on weekends and closing shift on weekdays, most of the time though, due to my crippling loneliness and need to pay rent, I usually spend alot more time there on the weekends. Sometimes, I do some baking in the kitchen on the weekend, the best part of that is that I get to control the music for the whole café while I'm baking.

Something inside me aches for him, for Eddie, his beautiful chocolate carmel coloured eyes, the freckles that he is insecure about but I always loved, his soft wavy hair, and they way Eddie's face light up when he takes about things he loves.

God why do I think like this. .

I'm not gay right?

Not gay at all.

Eddie's pov

I'm about to get a book off my shelf when my phone buzzes. I fish it out of my pocket and see that some followed my Instagram and asked to send me a message. I looked at the persons profile picture.

Richie.

How did he find my Instagram?! I accept his request to send me a message.

Richietøzier: hey Eddie, you want to come over?

Eddiek: I take it you still live across the street?

Richietøzier: yep, sure do! So you coming?

Eddiek: uh, sure. See you in ten.

Richietøzier: alright :)

I can feel a smile creep it's way onto my face, the though od Richie dancing through my mind, his glasses that he hates
I put my phone back in my pocket a go down the stairs. "Ma I'm going to hangout with a friend!" I say while running out the door. "Alright Eddie bear be back by 7." I cringe at her nickname for me.

I walk out into the fresh December air, and feel my mood lifting. I walk over to Richie's house a little nervous, but excited too.

I knock on the door of his little house that he has lived in since he moved to Derry when we were eleven. "Ah yes, eddie spaghetti. You showed up." Richie says doing one of his voices. "Come in." He says opening the door. "Uh, Rich how did you find my Instagram." I ask. "Oh uh, I knew your username was just going to be your name so i searched it up." He says. "What do you want to do?" He asks sounding slightly nervous. "Um I dont know. Do you want to watch TV?" I ask hoping this will give me a chance to hold his incredibly soft hand in mine. "Sure. Hey Eds? What's your opinion on stranger things?" He asks me, I flinch slight at the mention of that show. It's a sci-fi horror TV show. "Uh, I never seen it." I reply. Richie fakes offence. "Well we need to watch it!" Richie says, pulling me over to his couch. "Wait. Rich what about your parents?" I say worriedly. "Eddie, they died when I was fifteen." My heart broke a little when he said that.

"You've lived on your own since?" I ask, worried. "Yeah, they never really cared anyways." I hug him. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you, I let a little fight in the way of our friendship." I said, tearing up a little. "Its alright Eddie, it was my fault anyways." He says hugging me back. "Let's watch this show shall we." Richie says breaking our hug. "Okay." I reply.

About on forty-five minutes in I was holding richie's hand and snuggled close to him. It was because I kept getting scared. "Aww Eddie your so cute when your scared." Richie says. "I'm mean, what! What did I just say! Your cute all the time!" I was blushing profusely. Fuck it, here goes nothing. I lean my face to his and softly, kiss his slightly chapped lips. Ive been waiting for this moment for forever. He seems surprised at first but he kisses back, his hands delaceing from my own and wrapping themselves around my waist. I put my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss. His tongue runs over my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I open my mouth slightly and ge takes that as a chance to shove his tonge into my mouth.

He pushes me into my back and continues to kiss me deeply.

Holy shit, I'm making out with the guy of my dreams.

(823 words)